Due to unprecedented growth, our client has an exciting new career opportunity for an exceptional Financial Professional to join their growing team.
The Controller will be a key management resource and required to maintain strong positive relationships with the Ownership Group, Department Managers, Project Managers and all other staff. The incumbent must be capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced multi-entity environment.
Must be a self starter, which is comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization with a "Hands on orientation" to providing reliable and timely financial information to stakeholders.
Key areas of accountability:
- Overall management of the accounting department through an accounting manager
- Preparation/ review of monthly financial statements
- Insure sub-ledgers are closed in a timely manner (mid month following or earlier)
- Reconcile inter-company balances
- Reconcile and adjust WIP for all companies Control recurring and standard journal entries
- Prepare department, corporate and consolidated statements
- Prepare and provide all required reporting to banks/creditors in a timely manner
- Ensure adequate financing is in place to fund operations on an on-going basis
- Analyze capital asset purchase proposals
- Arrange appropriate financing for planned acquisitions
- Develop COS and expenses based on sales forecast provided by Operations
- Report and analyze Budget Variances with Management Team
- Conduct regular Financial Reviews with Ownership
Successful candidates will possess the following key skills and attributes:
CMA, CA, or similar professional designation
5 - 10 years post qualification experience
Project based accounting experience within construction, contracting, engineering or manufacturing
Multi-company, multi-departmental accounting experience
If you are interested in exploring this rare opportunity with a worldwide organization that supports autonomy, creativity and excellence, please submit your CV in confidence: