MMM Group is passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer - one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development; along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; and the opportunity to make a difference.
Be Challenged. Be Known. Be Among Friends.
MMM is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Rail Group, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for providing proactive administrative support to the department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate the Department Managers' calendar, meetings, conference calls and other various projects with an ability to keep accurate minutes and ensure completion of action items;
- Coordinate the creation and enhancement of presentations, reports, proposals, spreadsheets and various support materials;
- Arrange travel including preparation of itineraries;
- Preparation of confidential company, employee and project sensitive information as well as word processing of more routine letters, memorandums, and reports;
- Tracking incoming and outgoing correspondence/reference documents for various projects;
- Management of computer based filing, maintaining filing system in both electronic and hard copy;
- Faxing, photocopying, preparing courier packages, message taking, report preparation, e-mail, preparation of expense accounts, and other administrative duties as required;
- Responsible for answering the phone for the Department Manager when they are not available;
- Managing the office supplies for the department and responsible for department staff sign out;
- Input forecast spreadsheets based on information received from accounting personnel;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly client draft invoices (process consultant invoice payments; review and submit staff expenses, staff timesheet, and billing rates)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in Administration or a related discipline;
- Minimum of five years' experience as an Administrative Assistant in a professional services environment;
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook 2010 (Microsoft Project is desirable but not necessary);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with aggressive timelines;
- Team player with a flexible attitude and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks/deadlines;
- Ability to handle and respect confidential information
- Integrity, professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills that are required to handle both internal and external communications with tact and diplomacy; and
- Available for occasional overtime work.
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY