Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Web Developer, E-Commerce (Contract)
Samsung is recruiting for a Front End Web Develeoper, e-commerce for a 12 month contract to manage technical aspects of developing/deploying, maintaining and updating on all existing and new online initiatives for a sales division to drive incremental sales & profit while ensuring our online market leadership and distinction from our competitors and other subsidiaries.
Online initiatives include developing/maintaining online branded environment within retailer/partners’ websites, optimizing product/feature contents, identifying/improving our online presence and new creative projects.
In parallel, the incumbent will support divisional ad-hoc requests pertaining to online related activities by working with all levels of the organization to complete the requests on time. Web developer is required to work closely with many key stakeholders across the organization and also be able to work with minimal supervision to manage all required tasks.
Manage division specific online projects such as, building/updating online brand pages within retailers’ websites & enhancing product/feature contents and ad-hoc initiatives by working with account managers/PM team/RM/marcom/PI team. Proactive assessment of our online current state and identifying areas of technical improvements and lead the improvement activities.
UX (user experience), Main areas of focus:
- Take a lead role in the design and rollout of technical updates to online brand environment within retailers’ websites
- Understand HTML5 and be able to code with HTML animations and interactive elements.
- Take a lead role in design, rollout, QA and beta testing of brand sites.
- Banner design and HTML update package preparation.
- Understanding of cross-browser optimizations and QA Best practice.
- Understanding of Syntax testing and Accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0)
- College diploma or greater
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience required
- Demonstrated Graphic Designing and Web/ Mobile Programming skills
- Working knowledge of Mobile Development jQuery, HTML5, CSS3 and other web programming languages such as PHP, JSP would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of mobile and web design standards.
- Versatile in multi-tasking, creative in nature.
- Highly developed communication & interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in organizations: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company.
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency.
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.