| || Business Analyst |
|Our government agency client located downtown Toronto is seeking 2 Business Analyst for Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) project. The successful candidate will conduct business and system analysis, feature/story analysis, Data Mapping between future and current state to ensure current reports coming out of existing Warehouse continue after Guidewire (GW) is introduced to the environment, documentation, planning and overall needs assessment of New Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) from inception through closure. |
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Work with the project team ( PM, Sr. BAs, BAs, Solution Designer, Developers, testing team) and other team members / SMEs to analyze, identify, document and finalize the requirements, Data analysis and mapping, story map and MMFs/ features for EDW project.
- Facilitating business functional and technical requirements, ensuring integration of technical documentation
- Analyze the existing interface process between the Mainframe legacy applications and existing EIW and IM Catalogue reporting to understand the current state and the business impact.
- Worked closely with the Business team to identify their expectation from the new solution.
- Conduct, analyze, review and document Current State Source-to-Target Data mapping for the legacy applications which will be decommissioned by Guidewire (GW) and feed EDW /EIW.
- Participate in Project retrospectives/lessons learned throughout the project
- Participate (daily/weekly) project 'stand-ups' to progress activities on the Project Kanban board
- Attend (daily/weekly) all the required project meetings to address project issues and activities as required
- Support Management Team through completion of assigned activities to support intake requests from the Business areas
- Communicate with internal/external stakeholders to gather information and provide analysis updates and/or presentation of findings
- Provided weekly status updates to sr. BA and project manager on the project progress.
- Hands on experience with Data Mapping and Data Warehouse concept and solutions in a Business Analyst role.
- Work closely with the Other BA, Developers, Conversion team, Business SME in order to analyze, review: the Current State Source and new system i.e. Guidewire (GW), Data Mapping/Conversion for the legacy applications, which will be decommissioned by GW.
- Hands on experience with SQL, Data Dictionary, Data Model and RDBMS analysis.
- Conduct and document Gap Analysis on future state Data Model (GW) and Current Data Requirements and review it with the team and business as required.
- Work with Developers to create new ETL scripts for EDW (Accounts, Claim â?¦) based on the functional and business requirements and data mapping.
- Work with testing team to ensure the new ETL Scripts are working based on the requirements.
- Work with the Business/users to perform BAT on the reports and review/document the issues and their feedback.
- Follow up on the Defects and issues on the new ETL Scripts testing.
- Ensure all project business documents, artefacts and deliverables are completed and signed off while at the same time confirming that deliverables meet business needs.
- Supports the development and implementation of project performance measures, indicators, benchmarks and guidelines to ensure the achievement of quality assurance standards as well as adherence to mandatory WSIB project rules and methods.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal clients, operational staff, consultants/vendors and management at various levels to be aware of issues that impact on current and future projects, manage expectations, resolve conflict and elicit their support and co-operation.
- Experience working in Public sector organizations, business analysis for large and complex project implementations.
- Good soft skills, including the ability to speak to both technical and business concerns.
- Ability to facilitate negotiation and build consensus amongst competing parties, ultimately driving teams to decision.
- Proven experience and passion for facilitating requirements gathering sessions, build functional designs, use case/BDD development, facilitating and documenting test scenarios or test criteria based on knowledge gained through business and systems analysis of complex project, web applications, Mainframe and websites.
- Excellent strengths in time management and organization skills with an aptitude toward creative problem solving.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively, making progress on tasks while dealing with process and project ambiguity.
- Good experience in vendor relationship management, particularly in complex IT delivery projects
- Prioritizing to manage a very high volume of day-to-day activities and balance their demands against longer-term work and project commitments.
- Skilled strategic communicator to present and explain concepts and ideas, build strong linkages with team members using various vehicles of communication to share information, write/edit business cases/briefing notes/procurement documents and technical reports on recommendations related to technology solutions and plans; present recommendations to clients, managers and directors.
| || Apply Online 20140131.38 |
| || |
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
altisHR is a recognized leader in the delivery of recruitment and staffing services in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver. We place qualified job seekers in contract and permanent positions within the areas of Administrative Support, Accounting, Information Technology and Professional Services.