Located just north of Toronto in the Region of York, the Town of East Gwillimbury offers a fully balanced lifestyle and a wonderful place to live and work. Communities include Holland Landing, River Drive Park, Sharon, Queensville and Mount Albert – each inviting, with their own rich history and unique charms. Farms, forest, recreational, and business areas add to the overall character of the Town. Poised for significant growth, the current population of 24,000 is projected to reach 150,000 by 2051. Strategic, Official and Master Plans help guide the way.
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer/ Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst is responsible for:
- Processing all aspects of the payroll; entry of time sheets from other departments and input/ output with an external service centre, liaise with payroll provider on issues relating to payroll software.
- Process payments relating to employee benefits and related functions; life and health plans, OMERS pension plan, Worker’s Compensation.
- Maintain personnel records for vacations, sick leave, and overtime banks.
- Assist with weekly input of accounts payable invoices.
- Assist the other analysis’ as required relating to various accounting functions.
- Accreditation through the Canadian Payroll Association or 2-4 years of payroll experience.
- Knowledge of payroll compliance legislation including the Income Tax Act; Employment Standards Worker’s Compensation, Employer Health Tax and OMERS.
- Experience using ADP considered an asset.
- Accounts Payable data entry experience considered an asset.
- Enrollment in a post secondary accounting program also considered an asset.
- Computer literacy utilizing the MS Office suite of products. Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit your resume and covering letter using the URL below
Applications will be accepted up to 4:00 pm, March 7, 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
The Town of East Gwillimbury is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Personal Privacy Act, personal information collected will only be used for candidate selection.