Version française ci-dessous.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.
The company is committed to providing quality products, integrated system solutions and services to customers around the world. Honeywell products touch the lives of most people everyday, whether you're flying on a plane, driving a car, heating or cooling a home, furnishing an apartment, taking medication for an illness or playing a sport.
Honeywell International, dont le chiffre d'affaires atteint 36 milliards de dollars, est une entreprise de technologie diversifiée et un chef de file de la fabrication qui sert des clients du monde entier en leur offrant des produits et des services pour le domaine de l'aérospatiale; des technologies de régulation pour les bâtiments commerciaux, résidentiels et industriels; des produits pour l'automobile; des turbocompresseurs; et des matériaux spécialisés. L'action de Honeywell se transige aux bourses de New York, de Londres et de Chicago. Son siège social est situé à Morris Township, au New Jersey. Pour obtenir des renseignements additionnels, consultez notre site Web à www.honeywell.com.
L'entreprise est déterminée à offrir des produits de qualité, des solutions de systèmes intégrés et des services à des clients du monde entier. Qu'il s'agisse de voler à bord d'un avion, de conduire une voiture, de chauffer ou de climatiser la maison, de meubler une pièce, de prendre des médicaments ou de pratiquer un sport, les produits Honeywell font partie de la vie quotidienne de la plupart des gens.
currently has an exciting opportunity for an Import / Export Compliance officer in their Kanata, ON location. Honeywell International
is a $39 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world's toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that's safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow. Honeywell Aerospace
has approximately 40,000 employees around the world and 2012 revenue of $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_aerospace. Position Summary
Ensure import and export transactions are executed in compliance with all applicable Customs laws and regulations while maximizing duty-savings for the company. Manage the Ottawa site's import and export compliance program to ensure the proper application and execution of Customs laws, NAFTA requirements, processes and procedures. Provide import and export compliance guidance to all functions within the Ottawa site. Provide part-time coverage (shared with Toronto site compliance officer) for the Prince Edward Island Aerospace site and serve as the backup compliance officer for the Toronto Aerospace site. Manage local broker(s), monitor performance, address local service issues. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for complex and high-level Corporate and Aerospace import and export compliance initiatives. Work directly with Honeywell's Compliance departments to ensure full alignment to corporate policies. Technical and Subject Matter Expertise:
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Possess a substantial working knowledge of Customs regulations in Canada and the United States. Applies greater judgment to import transaction and is able to handle difficult and complex transactions using skills from experience or advanced training/education to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Recognized authority in area of expertise with wide versatility of experience.Valued technical consultant to organization and regularly depended on for their subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize complex technical projects.
- Understands the provisions and requirements of the various import control statutes and regulations, and the criminal liability, civil liability and administrative penalties for violating the country specific Customs Regulations.
- Has the independent authority to verify the legality of the transaction and the accuracy of the information submitted and may inquire into any aspect of an import or export by Honeywell.
Organization and Planning:
- Defines and leads problem solving process which supports COE goals and objectives.
- Uses technical capability and significant problem analysis to establish most effective solution for complex problems that involve interaction of several functions.
- Independently leads problem analysis to develop new processes and procedures.
Regular Outside Contacts:
- Plans ahead with an awareness of external and internal forces that will affect the capability of the organization to achieve its goals.
- Drives to completion projects that are limited in nature and scope.
- Directs the application of processes to small to medium projects.
- Excellent understanding of core processes and may be considered a subject matter expert in some areas.
- Customs Brokers - Provide direction, gather information, manage performance. Daily to weekly.
- Legal Counsel & Corporate Compliance Office - Gather and provide information and data. As needed to resolve compliance issues going to outside counsel
- 3 years of industry experience with a multi-national, consulting or customs broker
- Bachelors Degree or 5 years working experience in import / export compliance experience in lieu of
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Previous broker experience and/or customs broker license strongly desired.
- Advanced degree a plus. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Strong working knowledge of Import and Export Compliance fundamentals - tariff classification, valuation and country of origin determination.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills; assertive, strong initiative and customer focused with the ability to collaborate in a matrix oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct training and present to groups.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office programs). Knowledge of SAP helpful.