Inergi - IT Technical Specialist (Senior Business Continuity Planner)
Inergi is a technology service centre wholly owned by Capgemini Canada Inc. Our focus is providing information technology solutions to the energy sector by leveraging our state of the art data centre and expertise in applications for energy companies. Inergi offers a broad range of information technology services including applications development and maintenance, web development, infrastructure and operations support. Our specialties within the application area are SAP, Passport, Microsoft Office and Oracle.
Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, enables its clients to transform and perform through technologies. Capgemini provides its clients with insights and capabilities that boost their freedom to achieve superior results through a unique way of working - the Collaborative Business Experience - and through a global delivery model called Rightshore®, which aims to offer the right resources in the right location at competitive cost. Present in 35 countries, Capgemini employs over 106,000 people worldwide.
This position works from our office in Pickering. It may require you to work from other offices in downtown Toronto, Markham and West Toronto.
1. Develop, review, update and exercise Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans as required toward customer service agreements and internal requirements.
2. Analyse, define and recommend alternatives related to Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity in support of the Continuity Planning work program, by preparing reports, presentations and other documentation as required.
3. Complete root cause analysis reports and documentation related to Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity incidents. Follow-up, co-ordinate and complete outstanding actions as required.
4. Lead teams or act as a co-ordinator in incident resolution, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning exercises and Emergency Response activities.
5. Complete business impact and risk assessments for changes to existing customer or internal Disaster Recovery supported IT systems / plans or Business Continuity plans, or the implementation of new Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans / infrastructure.
6. Proactively identify and make changes to Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans as a result of IT system, application, infrastructure or business changes / implementations.
7. Prepare and assemble exercise reports, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity plans, audit status reports, emergency response manuals, checklists and associated documents. Ensure that all requirements are documented and met.
8. Complete assessments or assist projects in defining and documenting the business impact of IT systems unavailability with regard to Disaster Recovery requirements.
9. Undertake projects to complete customer / internal Business Continuity planning requests.
10. Provide consultative and advisory services in the use of Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity services.
11. Review and maintain awareness of all relevant procedures affecting Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity as they relate to third party vendors and service providers.
12. Provide periodic limited supervision of teams or individuals from various technical / business groups to co-ordinate incident resolution, Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning exercises and Emergency Response activities. Requires assigning, checking and providing direction on work to be performed, and referring any personnel issues to supervisor for escalation / resolution.
13. Maintain an awareness of advancements in the field of Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning and associated support tools / technologies.
14. Perform other duties as related to Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity support.