Design Group Staffing has been contracted by an established company to identify, evaluate and place an Instrumentation and Controls Specialist who will stand out amongst their peers and is looking for career growth opportunities.
Our Client, An Industry-leading Engineering company has an immediate requirement for an Instrumentation and Controls Specialist for their office in the GTA.
Experience and Qualifications
· Instrumentation design support for projects. Scope of activities include: specifications, loop sheets, location drawings, interlock details, review of Operator's Manual and procurement.
· Program control systems in accordance to industry safety standards.
· Design control systems hardware. Scope includes hardware and software selection, Control Panel and Marshalling Panel design.
· Establish data network and communications with various control systems.
· Provide control systems support for all plants.
· Field Commissioning: Support instrumentation and controls commissioning and provide immediate program adjustments to accommodate unexpected design issues.
· Troubleshoot instrument malfunctions or reconfigure/ recaliberate instruments to accommodate actual process conditions or unexpected design issues.
· Perform control loop tuning and optimization.
· Support interlock check prior to chemical commissioning.
· Customer Interface: Work with consultants and customers to reach agreements on all instrumentation details including vendor and standards to ensure consistency in design.
· Quality Improvement Teams: Actively participate in Quality Improvement activities to improve the organization including: design improvements, changes to work practices, new product development and manufacturing projects.
· General Administration: Participate in and assist in preparing budget estimates for new projects, training, reading related industry materials, meetings, etc.
· Participation in and support to departments outside of Engineering.
Education and Accreditation
· Degree or Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation or Automation.
· Minimum 3-5 years field experience as an Instrumentation Technician.
· Solid knowledge of industrial instrumentation, level sensors, flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature meters and analysis variables (pH, density, ORP, etc.)
· Knowledge of automatic valves, actuators, positioners, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Safety Instrumented System (SIS).
· Able to read and interpret electrical and loop control schematics.
· Able to handle calibration equipment.
· Knowledge of industrial safety, predictive maintenance, and basic computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
· Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) an asset.
· In depth knowledge of Instruments - proper instrument selection based on instrument measuring principals, material and mechanical limitations
· Strong understanding of data communications and networking
· Strong troubleshooting skills from prior hands on start up and commissioning experience in the field
· Must be able to travel up to 25%
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity and you meet the requirements above please submit your updated resume in MS Word format to the attention of Michael Black via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for responding. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.