Achieve Better Balance at Westminster Savings
Westminster Savings is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Employers for two years in a row. As one of Canada's largest credit unions we have created a culture that reflects our desire to work collaboratively with our employees, our customers and our communities. Our employees tell us that they are proud to share our values of caring, integrity, teamwork, innovation and passion for excellence.
We are a locally-based and member-owned organization and are committed to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. We also know our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer a supportive, employee-centric culture that provides extensive classroom and on-the-job training and continued learning and development opportunities.
You want more than a job — you want a career. Join our team and experience an organization that cares about your career as much as you do.
Manager, Internal Audit
Put your skills, knowledge and experience to work as a Manager, Internal Audit in our Corporate Centre. In this role you are responsible for assisting Westminster Savings in accomplishing its goals and objectives by leading all phases of design and implementation of control testing, performing risk assessments, directing the investigation and evaluation of organizational risk areas and overseeing the development of the annual Audit plan.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Risk & Audit, duties include:
- Directing the planning and monitoring of internal audit operations including the annual internal audit plan
- Directing the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures
- Identifying, developing and documenting all audit issues and recommendations
- Identifying and/or recommending risk mitigation strategies
- Ensuring appropriate due diligence processes are completed for new WSCU initiatives
- Conducting internal control reviews and developing strategies to limit exposure
- Monitoring compliance with credit union legislation and regulations, where applicable
Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills:
- A minimum of five years' experience in a senior risk management or audit role, preferably within the financial services industry, including two years of supervisory or management experience
- University degree in a related discipline
- Accounting or Internal Auditor designation
- Demonstrated understanding of audit and risk management principles and enterprise risk management
- Proven ability to analyze data utilizing automated tools
- Proven leadership abilities and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated decision making, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge of audit software (SQL)
This position will be Monday to Friday and located out of our Corporate Centre in New Westminster.
What we can offer you:
We can offer you an organization that:
- Values you and recognizes the power you have to create success for yourself while making a difference in the financial well-being of others
- Believes in providing world class service in our local setting
- Is financially-stable and growing
- Delivers an employee focused culture that provides extensive training and learning opportunities
- Is one of Canada's Top 50 Employers
- Offers a competitive total rewards package that includes flexible health and dental benefits, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, a Defined Pension Plan and a fair compensation structure
Join a team that is as committed to your career as you are!
To apply please visit us at www.wscu.com/careers
Tags: jobs New Westminster, audit jobs, risk analyst, financial services, banking jobs, credit union jobs, banking careers, credit union careers.