Corporate Careers at Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons is one of the largest publicly-traded restaurant chains in North America based on market capitalization, and the largest in Canada. Operating in the quick service segment of the restaurant industry, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of consumer tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, espresso-based hot and cold specialty drinks including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots, specialty teas, fruit smoothies, home-style soups, fresh sandwiches, wraps, hot breakfast sandwiches and fresh baked goods, including our trademark donuts. As of January 1st, 2012, Tim Hortons had 4,014 systemwide restaurants, including 3,295 in Canada, 714 in the United States and five in the Gulf Cooperation Council. More information about the Company is available at timhortons.com
Why work for us?
- Recognized for our Strong Corporate Culture
- Diverse Career Opportunities across Canada and United States
- Professional Development for Employees
- Focus on Health & Wellness
- Community impact through the Tim Hortons Children's Foundation and several Regional Programs
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Pension plan
- Health saving account
- Gym reimbursement
- Flexible hours
- On-site gym
Explore an Exciting Career Opportunity
||Network Administrator - Infrastructure |
||Friday, April 11, 2014 |
||Information Technology |
||Oakville, Ontario, Canada |
"It already makes your day, why not make it your career"
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, this position supports the day-to-day Network operations including WAN/LAN, Inter & Intranets and administering the physical security access application. This individual will focus their time on pro-actively monitoring the corporate network to ensure operating integrity and stability and enhanced flow of information within the corporate network infrastructure.
Please note this role is based in Oakville with occasional travel to our Guelph Distribution Centre.
- 5-8 years of Network maintenance and administration experience (experience within a Manufacturing or Distribution environment would be considered an asset)
- Bachelor or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college in the I.T. field
- Technical certifications such as CCNA/CCNP required
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, OSPF, IGP, BGP, HSRP, QOS, etc.
- Centralized management of network devices
- 4-5 years of Firewall, Switching and Wireless security experience
- Working knowledge of Load Balancing, WAN Accelerator and Proxy technologies (familiarity with A10, Riverbed and Bluecoat brands will be considered an asset)
- VoIP and Telephony experience with Avaya systems considered an asset
- Superior customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Planned approach, process design and implementation skills
- ITIL knowledge a strong asset
- Strong attention to details and problem solving abilities with excellent follow-up skills
- System patch maintenance and overall systems security
- High tolerance for a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Prior working knowledge of change management/control processes within a Telco environment considered an asset
- Ability to multi task within a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Knowledge of current industry standards and technical developments in switching, routing and network protocols
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system, while maintaining existing network infrastructure
- Analyzes and resolves technical problems (tickets) for established networks
- Evaluates requirements, recommends designs, provides cost analysis and plans projects in conjunction with the business and coordinates tasks for installation of data networks
- Plans, tests, recommends, implements and administer network technologies including but not limited to upgrading network devices (switches, routers etc.),firmware, etc.
- Recommends network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects
- Installs, upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, user access and security software
- Works as a team member with other technical staff and vendors to ensure inter-connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference
- Participates in RFI/RFP evaluation process for contractor/technology selection
- Provides 24x7x365 support for in production systems as necessary.
- Functions as the Subject Matter Expert for the physical security application
Tim Hortons Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Only on-line applications will be considered
Please click here to apply for this job.