AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some C$5.1 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 29,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide. See amec.com.
Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
Project Manager (Vancouver, BC)
Advance your career – join AMEC
For more than 60 years, AMEC has been developing some of the most challenging mining projects in the world. Our Mining & Metals business consists of more than 5,000 mining professionals delivering consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies from our mining centres of excellence in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Peru, South Africa, UK and USA.
AMEC Transmission and Distribution (T&D) is looking for talented and energetic leaders with entrepreneurial spirits to join our team! With multiple projects underway, our T&D Group has been rapidly expanding and is enjoying continued success as a leader in the Power & Process industry in Western Canada.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager, Transmission and Distribution. Reporting to the Technical Director and Manager of Projects, this role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of projects in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports.
- Coordinating project team members and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of transmission and substation projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
- Acting as a professional resource for the successful completion of multiple challenging transmission and distribution projects.
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client’s needs and comply with all applicable regulations.
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal AMEC personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services.
- Gathering up to date information, first hand, at project sites within British Columbia.
- Meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams.
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university and or the completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program (PMP).
- Minimum of 10 years engineering or operations experience preferably on transmission or distribution utility projects, including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a project manager.
- Extensive experience in transmission line and substation is considered an asset.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. Join us now!
Click Here to Apply: Reference Number 13700BR
With us, you’ll be challenged. You’ll be encouraged to excel. You’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you’ll be proud to be a part of the AMEC team.
You will become a part of a strong, global company operating in oil and gas, mining, clean energy, and environment and infrastructure markets.
Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognized for it.
That’s the world of AMEC, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
We are recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2013. Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked us among the top International Design Firms. We have also ranked at the top of our sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005.
We are committed to the continuous improvement of the health, safety and environmental performance of our people and projects. Our ‘Beyond Zero’ philosophy and six safety essentials are the foundation of our safety culture, leading by example to influence the safety behaviours of our colleagues and the communities in which we live and work. We believe that nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.
Are you ready for a rewarding career? Let’s shape our future – together
To learn more about AMEC, please visit our career site at: www.amec.com/careers