Saipem Canada Inc. is a leader in turnkey Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) projects with a particular focus in the Oil and Gas industry. We operate as contractors for the design and implementation of large-sized projects such as refinery and gas plants, chemical, petrochemical, and fertilizer plants, onshore pipeline systems, infrastructures, power and environmental plants.
With operations around the world in over 100 countries in Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia we can provide services and management services worldwide.
Saipem Canada Inc. is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Saipem Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Saipem S.p.a and is a member of the ENI group.
Team Lead - Recruitment
Working from the Calgary office, the Team Lead – Recruitment will manage and coordinate a team of Recruiters within various locations across Canada. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of recruitment philosophies, and be able to present and implement marketing and sourcing strategies.
- Manage the entire life-cycle of the recruiting process for strategic recruitment needs;
- Manage and update reports and metrics;
- Provide ongoing coaching and advice to recruitment team as it relates to approved vendors, sourcing strategies, and standardized processes
- Liaise with approved third-party agencies, vendors and partners who provide additional recruiting-related services to the organization;
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Human Resources Manager relating to recruitment issues and updates;
- Understand all functionalities with the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) while ensuring it is the primary system to facilitate recruitment activities across the region;
- Work closely with area Leadership Teams to understand key business issues and develop appropriate staffing plans;
- Adapt and update staffing plan as required;
- Implement strategic staffing initiatives and projects within the geographic area to ensure an ongoing pipeline of skilled talent is maintained;
- Communicate and support Recruitment processes and procedures within the region.
- Ensure that recruiting activities are aligned with Recruitment directions and guidelines;
- Manage and champion change efforts to ensure Recruiters, Human Resources and Leadership clearly understand the value of the change taking place;
- Identify and share best practices with Human Resources Department Manager and other HR Team Leaders. Provide support for any Recruitment activities within the region (Field Operator recruiting, Field Specialist recruiting, etc.);
- Identify any knowledge or service gaps within the region and work with Recruitment Manager to resolve. Provide feedback to the Human Resources Department Manager on effectiveness of tools that are developed
- Prevent divergence from Saipem Canada’s policy and procedures. Ensure that compliance needs are fully met. Validate that no local activities violate compliance requirements.
- Network with organizations within the industry such as trade schools;
- Guide recruiters in selecting and implementing appropriate and effective sourcing strategies/channels;
- Work with Human Resources Department Manager to identify and hire/engage additional recruiters or recruiting resources when necessary;
- Coach recruiters and HR team members on recruitment best practices and strategies;
- Provide support to other areas upon request;
- Manage and oversee the internal recruitment process for both field and corporate positions.
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred) and or equivalent industry experience;
- 7+ years of successful experience recruiting a wide variety of roles in various geographies with 3+ years’ experience managing teams;
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and prioritization abilities;
- Well-defined consultative approach with stakeholders. Confident while liaising with senior members within the organization;
- Experience with multiple interviewing and assessment methods or tools preferred;
- Self-directed, process-oriented, with strong business acumen;
- Advanced knowledge of applicable laws and regulations regarding employment practices;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including experience analyzing data and reports preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and other recruitment technologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to quickly and positively influence others;
- Excellent decision making capabilities, organization and multi-tasking abilities;
- Must be a team player with high energy and a positive attitude;
- Excellent relationship building experience, clear communications and strong conflict resolution skills;
- Travel will be required within Western Canada.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package.
For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume, with the job title quoted in the subject line to RecruitmentCanada@Saipem.com.
Attn: Human Resources
Suite 2700, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, AlbertaT2P 3S8
For more information, please visit www.saipem.ca
Please apply in the manner specified or your application may not be considered.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Achievements built on a world of experience
Saipem Canada Inc. offers an unparalleled opportunity to enhance your skills and build your career. We are growing rapidly,
with rewarding positions available in a number of fields.
A Company of Saipem
The largest international turnkey contractor in the oil and gas industry, Saipem SpA has major projects in over 100 countries and an
excellent reputation for quality throughout the engineering community.