The Noramtec Consultants Group has been successfully recruiting in the Engineering, Manufacturing and IT Industries since 1964. We have the networks, industry experience and the connections it takes to offer a wealth of career opportunities and resources in any industry, across Canada and the US.
Currently looking for a senior cost engineer to join our team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
Performs cost estimating, analysis and control activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares project control plans and detailed internal manpower utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Develops and reviews EPC commodity for assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Assists in preparing cost data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting designated subjects in training classes and on-the-job training programs.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated.
- Determines scope definition requirements for discipline or other specialty and coordinates with engineering and other sources, the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Performs or coordinates quantity development and verification for discipline or other specialty.
- Plans, coordinates and directs preparation of specific budgets. Assists in developing requirements for budgeting standards.
- Develops requirements for cost recording, reporting and analyzing standards, programs, reports, and in their implementation. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Assists in developing specific project code of accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Investigates requirements for estimating and/or cost control data for specific discipline or other specialty applications.
- Identifies or defines data sources and techniques for data acquisition and collects required data for a specific discipline or other specialty application.
- Assists in developing unit man-hour and pricing data for a specific discipline or other specialty including estimating parameters, factors, indices, productivity, and a craft distribution reference data, etc.; based on analysis of the company and industry experience. Performs data analysis, identifies problems, and makes recommendations.
SKILLS / JOB KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience performing, monitoring and reviewing cost engineering functions which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
- Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management and business management customarily acquired by prolonged course of specialized instruction.
If you are interested in this position and are a Canadian citizen or resident, please apply in confidence with a word document resume to Sonia Mateos at email@example.com. We thank all who apply.