The Noramtec Consultants Group has been successfully recruiting in the Engineering, Manufacturing and IT Industries since 1964. We have the networks, industry experience and the connections it takes to offer a wealth of career opportunities and resources in any industry, across Canada and the US.
Noramtec BC, on behalf of our client, is looking for a Senior Piping Stress Engineer to join our team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
Duties typically involve addressing all piping stress related aspects of piping including interfacing with vendors, clients, and plant construction. It also involves responding to requests for information from the project site.
- Performing Stress Analysis with standard Pipe Stress programs such as Caesar II and Autopipe
- Preparing project specific stress design criteria
- Determine complex piping issues hands-on
- Coordinating work effectively with interfacing engineering disciplines
- Issuing isometrics/drawings/documents/ calculations on target
- Setting up, maintaining and updating schedules related to stress work/other deliverables
- Liaising seamlessly with project/client and deliver bottom line on a consistent basis
- Providing solutions to constructability issues related to piping stress
- Based on experience, perform visual piping stress analyses checks and provide support recommendations for pressure piping systems in this mineral processing/chemical plant
- Performing manual and computer stress analysis of pipe systems with regard to code limitations, client and government regulations and equipment criteria
Perform squad check of vendor data and drawings from other disciplines
Basic Job Requirements
- Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years of direct cumulative piping stress analysis experience with Autopipe software in mineral processing plants.
- Construction/field piping stress analysis experience is required.
- Familiar with piping line class specifications and grooved fittings typically used in mineral processing plants.
- Detailed knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping code.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player but must be able to work independently
- Professional registration in a province in Canada is preferred
- Proficient in Pipe Stress Programs such as Caesar II.
- Adept in 3D Model review Software such as Navisworks
- SmartPlant, PDS and Microstation are preferred.
If you meet the criteria above, are eligible to work in Canada, and are interested in this position, please send a resume in MS Word format to Sonia Mateos at email@example.com. All resumes will be retained for future consideration.