Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry's greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison's key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison's retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Diet Technician, Full Time
Location: Victoria, BC
Overview: Calling all CSNM members!
- We have a great opportunity available for a dynamic, multi-tasker with excellent people-skills and solid attention to detail as a Diet Technician at Royal Jubilee & Victoria General Hospitals.
- The Diet Tech is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Diet Office, supervising Diet Clerks, ensuring a compliant, timely and organized system with a focus on Service and Quality.
- This position provides on-call coverage for Diet Techs at both Royal Jubilee & Victoria General hospital locations and requires availability for weekend shifts.
With a "Can Do" attitude and a "Passion for Excellence", the Diet Tech is:
- accountable for verifying information of the patient diet orders according to the prescribed patient care plan, which includes proper food texture, patient food preferences and food allergies awareness.
- inputs diet orders and information received from the Nursing department into CBORD system.
- Ensure patient menus and other reports are prepared and printed accurately and on time.
- Participates in patient visitations, auditing and quality control checks, and communicate with food service production department on patient needs and service requirements.
- Arranges call-ins for staffing replacements
The Diet Tech works 12 hour shifts and reports to the Clinical Information Systems Manager.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Degree/Diploma in Food and Nutrition studies
- Active member of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Management)
- Previous experience in healthcare dietary (as a Diet Technician) experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutritional supplements required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Work well independently and within a team
- Solid proficiency in Computers (MS Office)
- Previous experience with CBORD system