Symcor is one of Canada's largest and growing business outsourcing companies. We were formed in 1996 to capitalize on the efficiencies of bringing together the item processing operations of three of Canada's largest financial institutions. Today, we provide a variety of industries with the following services: physical and electronic check processing, payment processing, statement production and document management.
As we continue to expand and drive the industry forward we look for top talent to bring forth new ideas, advanced skills and a collaborative work ethic. With multiple large-scale projects in the works our employees have unique opportunities to further develop their skills and pursue their career objectives. We'll help you pioneer your successes and accomplishments.
Purpose: Assist in formulation of system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information system. Design, code, test and debug complex programs. Maintain and document those programs. Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary. Competent to work on most phases of application systems analysis and programming activities. May provide guidance and training to less experienced analysts/programmers.
- Analyze, develop code, test and implement changes of broad scope, great complexity and long duration
- Investigate and resolve complex and unusual problems
- Lead in some phases of application systems analysis, design and programming activity
- Suggest changes to establish methods and procedures, suggests alternative solutions and new methods to improve quality and increase productivity
- Participate in the resolution of problems in the change management process
- Maintain technical documentation including process work flow and error recovery procedures
- Liaise with subject matter experts, development team, implementation support and production support staff to define technical specifications
- Develop and execute unit test plans
- Develops, executes and maintains system test plans
- Provide implementation and post implementation support
- Suggest changes to established methods and procedures, suggests alternative solutions and new methods to improve quality and increase productivity
- Provide task estimates and scheduling with assistance.