HOURLY WAGE (STARTING):
HOURLY WAGE (POST PROBATION):
This occupation helps to build the Delta Calgary Airport experience for our customers through a 'customer comes first' attitude by providing hands-on timely quality service, exceptional value, and a superior product. Reporting to the Kitchen Management Team the Kitchen Helper is responsible for ensuring that all kitchen utensils, equipment and workstations are properly cleaned & sanitized, stocked and organised to meet the high guest service and Health and Safety standards of the Delta Calgary Airport.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with high energy, creativity, professional manner and strong work ethic to motivate an experienced Food & Beverage team! The successful candidate must have a good understanding of key service standards and quality service. The position is accountable for modeling and acting in accordance with the Delta's Core Values and Code of Ethics.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans & sanitize all surfaces to meet the high standards of the Delta Calgary Airport
- Cleans & sanitize and stores all dishes, pots and pans
- Cleans & sanitize cooking equipment and work counters and workstations
- Ensures kitchen floor is regularly cleaned and cleared of all debris
- Compacts and removes garbage from kitchen area
- Organises and stores carts, baskets and bottles
- Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies
- Files all food orders
- Assists Cooks with food preparation as required
- Advises Maintenance or Senior Kitchen personnel of equipment malfunction
- Cleans walls, shelving and garbage rooms
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard free work environment
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- Stewarding/Dishwashing experience an asset
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High initiative/self-starter
- Ability to relate well to Hotel guests and employees
- Guest-service oriented and quality sensitive
- Promotes teamwork through co-operation
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Sitting - 0-2 hrs./day
- Walking - Over 4 hrs./day
- Standing - Over0-2 hrs./day
- Bending/Reaching - 2-4 hrs./day
- Pushing/Pulling - 0-2 hrs./day
- Physical Efforts - Regularly lifts weights over 40lbs
- Visual Effort - Some visual concentration
Why is this a great place to work? Learn more...