With energy, drive and a spirit of collaboration, there are no limits to what we can achieve together. Better still, there are no limits on the legacy you can leave while working for ABB.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people.
Reporting & Evaluation
- Reports directly to the National Director - Power Products Service
- Part of the CAABB Country Service Organization (CSO)
- Will be evaluated on the performance of own team
- Will directly manage all assigned field service personnel
- Primary responsibilities are to foster a positive team environment, collaboration between teams and the execution on the Service Business Model as applicable to the specific team
- Backlog Management: Prepare and participate in appropriate business reviews to ensure that the backlog in SAP is accurate and reflects the current knowledge on projects, sales orders and execution schedules.
- Project execution: Ownership on the work execution within all the projects & sales orders assigned to her/his service team. The FSM (Field Service Manager) will also drive continuous improvement within the performance on the work
- Manpower utilization: Ownership on the utilization of resources within her/his team. This ownership will include the effective collaboration with other teams to ensure optimal utilization across the business as well. The FSM will also review and update the required scheduling tools to manage the utilization and forecast
- Financial Management: The FSM will take ownership on revenue, OCF and margins within the projects / sales orders executed by her / his team.
- Investment: The FSM will advise the Director on equipment requirement and order after obtaining approvals.
- Planning: The FSM will ensure that all required resources, logistics, documentation and equipment are properly planned before work execution
- The FSM will support Customer complaint resolution and will take a first level ownership on the resolution process and customer updates.
- NPS Process: The FSM responsibilities include the implementation of actions to improve the NPS score. The FSM will also engage directly with customers to discuss service performance and improvements. The focus will be on quick response and improvements following survey results.
- Responsiveness: Will actively manage responsiveness within the business and will seek solutions to customer requests within team or in collaboration with other teams. Customer requests within the FSM customer base resides with the FSM for action and ownership
- One ABB: The FSM will represent ABB as an "One ABB" business for our customers. Work scope outside of the teams responsibilities must be appropriately delegated to the correct teams or managed through the Director.
- Customer engagement: The FSM will actively engage within the customer base applicable to her / his team and will include site visits
- Safe Working Culture: The FSM will continuously drive towards a safe working culture and will promote / evaluate the compliance to pro-active safety action. The FSM will ensure that tools and equipment conform to calibration and EHS requirements
- Career development: The FSM will ensure that the appropriate career development plans are in place for all the employees within her / his team.
- Employee engagement: The establishment of a culture where we recognize and award employees appropriately will be the ownership of the FSM. The FSM will also be responsible to support the implementation of the actions developed to improve employee engagement as measured through engagement surveys .
- Communication: The FSM will promote effective communication channels to ensure better team engagement, accessibility and business engagement
- Recruitment: Recruitment activities primarily resides within the operational group and the FSM will support / manage the recruitment process for the vacancies within her / his team.
- Salary planning: The FSM will actively manage salary planning. This responsibility includes the annual reviews, adjustments and advise on salary structural changes that are required
- Employee management: The FSM will ensure that appropriate employee management practices are applied including the effective utilization of and compliance to the Performance development and appraisal process
Minimal formal education:
Bachelor's degree or technologist degree with an emphasis on Electric Power
Minimal job-related experience:
- 7-10 years in an electrical service environment with in depth knowledge of Utilities and substations service and maintenance projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience of field service operations is an asset
Skills and Knowledge :
- Proven Leadership
- Proven safety track record
- Business Management skills
- Basic financial skills
- Principles and practices of cost accounting;
- Principles and practices of effective contract management;
- Mid-level computer operation skills, including word processing, database programs, spreadsheets, electronic mail, and Department utilized software application programs;
- Basic principles of public relations.
- Understand engineering specifications and plans;
- Understand and interpret, with assistance, applicable laws and regulations governing contracts.
- Understand and interpret, with assistance, applicable laws and regulations governing Labour and Employee management
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work under stress conditions;
- Must provide proof of and maintain a driving record acceptable to the department's insurance carrier.
- Must maintain a valid passport for international travel.
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes man and women.Apply Now