Vancouver Coastal Health is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of Canada's finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
|Job Title: ||Violence Prevention Specialist|
|Work Site: ||VGH, Corporate|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time (Until Approximately March 2015)|
Reporting to the Manager, Safety, Prevention and Wellness for the Integrated HR Service, the Violence Prevention Specialist coordinates, administers and evaluates the Workplace Violence Prevention Program for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), to ensure a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors, and to achieve compliance with organizational standards and standards set out in legislative requirements.
This includes the coordination of Violence Risk Assessments, collaborating with other members of the Disability Management & Safety team (in particular the Occupational Health & Safety Advisors), liaising with regulatory agencies, promoting safe work habits and supporting managers in the provision of safe and secure care and services. Works to engage staff, managers and senior leaders in the development of a positive safety culture in their area of responsibility. Works collaboratively with area managers to monitor performance, safety reports and achievement of indicators and development of action plans to address areas of concern. Assists with the development of Workplace Violence Prevention policies, procedures and resources, and provides staff and managers with training and education in Workplace Violence Prevention matters.
- Graduation from a degree or diploma program in Occupational Health & Safety from a recognized institution.
- Three to five (3 to 5) years’ professional Occupational Health & Safety experience.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Applies specialized knowledge of best practices in Workplace Violence Prevention.
• Applies specialized workplace health knowledge to reduce/prevent workplace injuries and accidents.
• Demonstrated skill in communication, engagement, and education.
• Uses technical expertise and familiarity with applicable legislation to ensure compliance with regulations involving workplace exposures to hazardous materials and WSBC claims.
• Skillfully interprets information and uses sound judgment to investigate actual and potential violence issues such as: accidents/injuries, workload concerns, refusal to work, willful misconduct and questionable WSCB claims. Makes recommendations on training/disciplinary action and safe work procedures to prevent recurrence.
• Applies superior communication skills to collaborate and influence internal and external stakeholders in investigating OH&S issues, providing advice and guidance, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
• Applies project management principles in the delivery of role responsibilities
Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 063808-msa. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Internal competition closes January 28, 2014. Internal applications received after this date will be considered as late applications.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately March 31, 2015.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Current VCH staff who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered with other external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
WS1 WS2 WS3 WS4 WS5 JFHRE JFCHS JFMAN JFSUP City_Vancouver