Please Note: This is a bilingual (English, French) temporary position up to six (6) months. This position will be filled by a qualified woman (BFOR).
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Programs Manager and as part of a team that includes other programs, is responsible for the development and maintenance of the PSAC Women’s and Human Rights Programs for the membership which has the ultimate goal of integrating Women’s and Human Rights issues into all areas of the union work and provide the PSAC with expertise in Women’s and Human Rights matters.
- Good knowledge of childcare issues in Canada;
- Good up-to-date knowledge of women’s and Human Rights issues and related legislation and jurisprudence (federal and other jurisdictions);
- Good knowledge of issues related to employment equity and equity including disability; First Nations, and other Aboriginal peoples; the diverse racially visible communities; gay/lesbian/bisexual and transgender persons, including how these issues relate to each gender within the specific communities;
- Good knowledge of PSAC programs and policies, the labour movement, adult education techniques;
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring;
- Ability to manage the program, organize events and campaigns;
- Ability to communicate with female and equity members and inspire others to achieve collective goals;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people, inside and outside of the union involving complex, detailed and sensitive issues;
- Ability to motivate members, provide direction, guidance; delegating/allocating tasks, and organizing/coordinating others and to act as mentor in various ways (technical/professional) and coordinating the work of a group of members and staff.
How to Apply
Please submit your résumé stating how your knowledge, skills and abilities relate to the qualifications of the position by mail to: Human Resources Section, PSAC, 233 Gilmour Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0P1. By fax: (613) 233-9538 e-mail: HRACTION@psac.com. If you apply by e-mail, do not send a duplicate by fax or regular mail. Please write “Employment Offer” including the competition number as the subject of your e-mail.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Racially Visible Members, Persons with Disabilities, and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender persons.