Design Group Staffing is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer/Project Manager for our local owner/operator client. This is a contract position with long-term career potential.
The focus of this position is the execution of pipeline-related projects valued under $100 million. Projects may include:
1. Pipeline lowering and reroutes associated with the expansion and/or construction of third party infrastructure in Canada.
2. Pipeline replacements associated with integrity issues.
3. Execution of extraordinary digs associated with the ongoing Integrity maintenance program in Canada as defined by the complexity of the location or design parameters.
The position has responsibilities for project development support, engineering management, procurement, construction and project close-out activities.
Day to day job duties:
- Provide support and engineering input to the Development Engineering team through to project sanctioning.
- Responsible for the direction and coordination of project teams, generally comprised of consultants, contractors, internal service/support personnel and operational stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing detail engineering, creating project execution strategies, and updating project cost forecasts and schedules.
- Effectively manage projects to assure fit-for-purpose construction, and with complete and accurate documentation that is turned over in a timely manner to the appropriate departments.
- Provide leadership with respect to Health, Safety and Environment for the project team.
- Practice sound project management in accordance with company expectations; ensure that the appropriate change management processes are followed.
- Engage business decision makers on scope change decisions that deviate from the basis of the originally approved scope.
- Ensure a high level of engagement by regional operations staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that throughout the execution process, a high level of communications is maintained with both internal and external stakeholders.
· 10+ years of Project engineering/Project Management experience. In pipelines would be a huge asset
· P.Eng designation in Alberta
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter in MS Word to the attention of Leena Alex at email@example.com
To ensure your resume is reviewed in an efficient and timely manner, please DO NOT attach resumes and/or cover letters via SkyDrive.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.