Design Group has partnered with a leading company from the steel industry to assist them in their search for Operations Manager to join their team in Edmonton.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for profitably managing the fabrication facility to fully meet the requirements of the key stakeholders.
· Provide the leadership and drive the ongoing analysis and improvement of the company operations
· Ensure all projects are well managed and customer needs are addressed
· Maintain good employee relationships; investing in the development of employee skills, knowledge and flexibility
· To profitably manage the fabrication operations
· To effectively manage the costs and throughput of the fabrication and shipping operations
· To develop, or assist in the development of and implement policies and procedures required to ensure efficient and safe operations
· Ensure the facility fully complies with all Laws, Government Regulations and Company Safety Rules and Policies
· Ensure security and maintenance to building, assets and rolling stock
- Successfully completed post secondary education in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of operations management experience
- Experience in the fabrication of industrial/oil field equipment and large structural assemblies
- A history of leading business improvement and creating a continuous improvement work culture
This opportunity is with a company that treats all employees with respect and dignity, is committed to ongoing learning and values long-term commitment. Our client offers offers a comprehensive benefit package, pension plan as well as Company sponsored training and development.