Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we're looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 6,500 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 180,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you'll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It's a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You'll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our team of professionals means you'll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Senior Associate, People and Change:
The People and Change team helps our clients build and support the workforce they need to be successful. We help organizations by providing strategic and tactical change programs, building robust talent management and people programs, and transforming human resource functions, enabling them to deliver value and meet business objectives. We leverage our firm's broad advisory capabilities across a range of disciplines including: Business Transformation, Finance, Operations, Capital Projects, Supply Chain, and Technology - including ERP.
The role of a Senior Associate in the People and Change practice will include:
- Use established methodologies and frameworks to develop and deliver work products in the context of a defined project plan;
- Contribute to the development of our intellectual capital and approaches
- Provide on-going advice and assistance to clients in the resolution of issues or risks that arise on projects;
- Contribute to project based teams in the production of quality deliverables on time and on budget;
- Develop work plans and approaches; and
- Ensure our deliverables meet client expectations and our quality standards.
This position can be based in Ottawa, although candidates need to be receptive to travel when required.
Successful candidates pursuing this role should have at least five years of professional experience, including federal government experience of 2- 3 years, functional Human Resources, and one year of consulting experience with a track record in supporting complex business and/or technology projects driving change.
Candidates should bring some proficiency and knowledge in one or more of the following competency areas.
Leading organizational change including:
- Ability to determine the most appropriate and effective change management strategies; develop and deliver comprehensive change management plans which include stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, communications, and training and enablement
- Experience delivering communication, training and functional HR work in an integrated project environment in support of organizational, technology, process, and people related change initiatives
- Experience facilitating stakeholder groups and engaging stakeholders through complex change initiatives
- Experience in conducting organizational readiness and risk reviews to help manage change impacts
- Sound understanding of the inter-relationship between job design, business processes, and technology tools as contributors to organization effectiveness
Transforming HR Functions:
- Experience and understanding of functional HR organizations enabling comprehensive HR / Organizational reviews that facilitate the identification of operational opportunities for improvement
- Ability to collect and analyze data about business needs and objectives, including the use of benchmarking metrics and leading indicators, such as Saratoga, to identify opportunities for aligning and streamlining organizations
- Understanding and ability to apply leading practice thinking in the development of effective HR functions that are aligned to corporate objectives and mandates , including organizational structure, functions, service delivery models, core competencies, roles and responsibilities, and effectiveness metrics
- Experience in the use and development of enabling technologies for the HR function including the use of self service, social media, and ERP technologies
Other Desirable Experiences:
Professional work experience in the Public Sector, Federal Government and Health Care, is essential.
Completion or working towards professional designations such as PMP or CHRP designations is an asset.
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
· Build and sustain relationships
· Be passionate about client service
· Be curious; learn, share and innovate
· Lead and contribute to team success
· Communicate with impact and empathy
· Develop yourself and others through coaching
· Demonstrate courage and integrity
· Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
· Manage projects and economics
· Be open minded, agile with change and practical
Why Work for PwC
As a PwC employee, you can:
· Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
· Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public and private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
· Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
· Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.