Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we're looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 6,500 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 180,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you'll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It's a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You'll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: public sector, financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy. Working with our professionals means you'll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Manager, Core Operations:
The mandate of the Core Operations practice is to generate long-term profitability while enhancing revenue opportunities through understanding essential client objectives. We work with clients to help transform their business by enhancing their operating model, helping to deliver on strategy, and driving increased performance through process simplification and optimization. . We bring a combination of tried and tested methodologies with deep knowledge and understanding of the client domain, its culture, specific requirements and business context.
We combine with other PwC professionals to provide Performance Improvement Services as well as broad ranging Due Diligence and Transaction Support and Business Restructuring Services.
The role of a Manager in the Core Operations practice will include:
As a member of the Operations practice, you will determine objectives and develop action plans to satisfy various terms of client engagements, such as:
- Develop new Target End state models
- Develop Strategic Vision and Roadmaps
- Develop "As Is and To Be" models
- Evaluate opportunities and gaps between "As Is and To Be" models
- Undertake options analysis and prioritize recommendations
- Identify overarching impacts on organization, process, technology and people
- Create Business Architecture views and process maps
- Conduct analysis and problem identification
- Reporting to senior management
- Developing and managing project work plans and engagement financials
- Managing day-to-day efforts of junior project resources; including mentoring and helping to develop their careers
- Work on-site with Clients
In addition to the client engagement responsibilities, the candidate will be expected to participate in firm-building activities, which include:
- Supporting cross line-of-service initiatives
- Supporting client development activities
- Supporting the National practise through ability to travel and deliver on engagements outside of the National Capital region
- Identifying and engaging in marketing/ promotional opportunities for the practice, including assisting with industry research and identifying new clients
- Supporting proposal and pitch development with focus on client value
- Generating knowledge capital (e.g., white papers)
Employment is conditional upon you successfully obtaining Federal Government security clearance at the Secret level.
- 7+ years progressive experience in the Government/Public Sector (Federal Government experience an asset)
- Experience in business process re-engineering; experience in large scale, multiyear business transformation projects
- Bachelor's degree
- An MBA is desirable
- A high level of personal integrity and energy, a commitment to teamwork and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to apply operational skill set across multiple industries
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work on the shop-floor and in the executive boardroom
- Consulting Experience in related area of practise
- Bilingual is an asset
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
· Build and sustain relationships
· Be passionate about client service
· Be curious; learn, share and innovate
· Lead and contribute to team success
· Communicate with impact and empathy
· Develop yourself and others through coaching
· Demonstrate courage and integrity
· Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
· Manage projects and economics
· Be open minded, agile with change and practical
Why Work for PwC
As a PwC employee, you can:
· Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
· Participate in our world-class training programs as you work towards achieving your CMC, PMP, Togaf, CA, CMA, CGA, CIA, CISA or other designations
· Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public sector clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
· Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
· Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your lifePwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.