What does growth and investment in our people mean to you? Opportunity!
We are making significant investments in our people to meet the needs of our clients. Our goal is to have the most well rounded professionals in the world.
PwC's continued success in the Atlantic Region has created unprecedented new opportunities for exceptional people to join the practice. We are looking to appoint our future leaders. People with an outstanding track record in building a business and delivering results. People who have the vision and foresight to take their career to the next level and be part of a winning team.
The Atlantic Audit and Assurance practice has an immediate opening for a Manager in our St. John's Newfoundland location.
As a Manager you would be responsible for:
Planning the audit engagement:
· Conducting research in order to have an in-depth understanding of a client's industry and business; and
· Meeting with the client to determine expectations, issues and concerns.
Managing the audit engagement:
· Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standards;
· Developing the knowledge of junior team members by sharing best practices and providing coaching;
· Managing interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team;
· Reviewing the work of junior staff, where applicable;
· Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues, present alternatives and conclusions;
· Continuously communicating with the Senior Managers and / or Partner with respect to engagement progress - risks, issues, variances from plan in terms of time, budget, etc;
· Drafting complete financial statements and related notes as well as initial drafts of reports to the client;
· Preparing personal and corporate tax returns and other information returns and related correspondence;
· Providing assistance to clients with payroll and GST compliance; and
· Assisting clients with accounting software.
Completing the engagement:
· Developing strong relationships with your clients to facilitate the completion of client work;
· Ensuring billings are done on a timely basis and cash is collected according to firm targets; and
· Identifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to your clients.
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience in public accounting;
· Experience with owner/ operator clients and entrepreneurs;
· Must have a CA designation;
· Understanding of accounting systems (Caseware, ACCPAC, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, Tax Prep and Excel);
· Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multitasked, fast-paced and changing environment;
· Well-developed leadership, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Commitment to providing excellent client service; and
· Ability to work on multiple engagements concurrently.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted