What does growth and investment in our people mean to you? Opportunity!
We are making significant investments in our people to meet the needs of our clients. Our goal is to have the most well rounded professionals in the world.
PwCs' continued success in the Atlantic Region has created unprecedented new opportunities for exceptional people to join the practice at a Senior Associate level. We are looking to appoint our future leaders. people with an outstanding track record in building a business and delivering results. people who have the vision and foresight to take their career to the next level and be part of a winning team.
The Audit and Assurance Group is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Atlantic Region team in our St. John's Newfoundland location.
Planning the engagement, this includes:
· Conducting research in order to have an in-depth understanding of a client's industry and business;
· Meeting/ interviewing the client to complete sections of assigned audit work; and
· In cooperation with Management, set the audit approach to the engagement, which makes effective use of team members' skills and is within budget for assigned component(s).
Managing the engagement, this includes:
· Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standards;
· Developing the knowledge of junior team members through on the job coaching and sharing best practices on the completion of their sections;
· Managing interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team;
· Reviewing the work of junior staff;
· Demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues, present alternatives and conclusions to client/Manager; and
· Continuously communicating with the Manager and/ or Partner with respect to engagement progress - risks, issues, variances from plan in terms of time, budget, etc.
Completing the engagement, this includes:
· Taking full ownership of Aura/Caseware and external file completion;
· Analyzing engagement economics of self and field staff and explaining variances from plan;
· Preparing and delivering meaningful individual performance evaluations on a timely basis to Associates;
· Developing strong relationships with your clients to facilitate the completion of client work; and
· Identifying potential opportunities to provide additional services to your clients.
· Minimum of 4 years experience in a public accounting firm;
· Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field;
· CA designation or close to completion of a CA designation;
· Understanding of Canadian GAAP and IFRS;
· Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multitasked, fast-paced and changing environment;
· Well developed leadership, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Commitment to providing excellent client service;
· Ability to work on multiple engagements concurrently; and
· Ability to travel as required both locally and nationally with occasional need to travel to the US.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.