Our Consulting & Deals practice is growing and we're looking for people who are eager to work in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 6,500 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 180,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you'll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It's a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You'll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our professionals means you'll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Senior Associate, Controls:
The Controls Services practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers is seeking an individual at the Senior Associate level to join the growing practice in Ottawa.
The practice offers a wide range of services to public and private sector clients including but not limited to some of the following areas:
- IT Audits and Reviews;
- Data Conversion and System Under Development Reviews;
- Project Health Checks;
- Information Technology Controls Assessments;
- Design, Evaluation and implementation of security and controls in ERP systems;
- Audit of controls under CICA section 5970 (CSAE 3416) and SSAE 16; and
- Data quality and analytics.
The position has the responsibility to support our practice in IT audit and controls assignments and consult with our clients on information technology, operational controls and process improvement. There is a significant opportunity to work in a cross line of service environment.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in the field of IT auditing. Candidates require in depth knowledge of information systems auditing and/or business process controls auditing gained through on-the-job experience. Experience auditing or working with SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and other complex financial systems is considered an asset.
Candidates must have a consultative nature, with solid oral and written communications skills. We are looking for individuals who are constantly seeking and adapting to new challenges.
Candidates must be self-motivated in order to work independently. We require individuals who have a commitment to providing excellence in client service, with a sense of responsibility and maturity to listen to client issues, think through a situation, consider alternative solutions, and take action. Attention to detail is essential. A proven track record as a team player is a must.
Certification in information systems auditing or an accounting designation is required. Information systems auditing certifications include Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). Accounting designations include Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and Certified General Accountant. The Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification is considered an asset.
Bilingual capability is an asset.
A valid Federal Government security clearance or ability to obtain one is essential.
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
- Build and sustain relationships
- Be passionate about client service
- Be curious; learn, share and innovate
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Communicate with impact and empathy
- Develop yourself and others through coaching
- Demonstrate courage and integrity
- Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
- Manage projects and economics
- Be open minded, agile with change and practical
Why Work for PwC
As a PwC employee, you can:
- Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
- Participate in our world-class training programs as you work towards achieving your CA, CMA, CGA, CIA, CISA or other designations
- Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public and private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
- Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
- Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life