Meet the right people. Work on the best projects.
PwC Canada helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. More than 5,700 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with close to 169,000 people in 158 countries.
Consulting & Deals:
In our Consulting & Deals (C&D) practice, you'll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise. It's a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You'll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; technology and communications; mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Working with our professionals means you'll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
Senior Associate, Insurance Operations
PwC's continued success has created unprecedented new opportunities for an exceptional person to join the practice at Senior Associate level to support our Insurance practice. This role supports other professionals who will deliver quality service to top tier clients in the Insurance industry in Advisory. By taking a consultant's approach to assess strategies, processes and technologies of clients in the Insurance sector using PwC's analytical tools and practice methodologies, you will partner with our clients to deliver value and results.
You work on a variety of projects assessing client business models, processes, technologies and organization against best practices. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate effective communications skills as you create reports and presentations for senior management and executives, while being constantly challenged to demonstrate your ability to think strategically in order to achieve the overall objectives of the firm. The key to your success in this role is to manage multiple projects and relationships to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality service deliverables.
You will work as an active member of project teams to:
· Report on financial and non-financial performance information
· Develop and maintain strong client relationships
· Assist in the implementation of business/operational transformation programs that may involve the application of new technologies
· Increase shareholder value and assess and manage risk
· Identify revenue generation/expanded services to solve clients' complex business problems to position PwC as the premier "consultant of choice"
We are looking to appoint our future leaders, people with an outstanding track record in building a business and delivering results, people who have the vision and foresight to take their career to the next level and be part of a winning team.
- 3+ years' of operational insurance experience (P&C and/or Life) including process mapping, advanced MS Excel, report and presentation generation
- Experience working as part of a project team either in a supporting role, handling policy administrative or claims system with the ability to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities
· Superior quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in client presentations, interviews and workshop facilitation
- Experience in client-facing consulting / Advisory work a major asset
- Good track record of internal policy compliance (e.g. time sheet, status reports, etc.).
- A high level of personal integrity and energy, a commitment to teamwork and a strong desire to learn
- Desire to assist in business development initiatives
- General competency: process mapping, advanced MS Excel, report and presentation generation
- Knowledge of leading insurance technology solutions will be an asset
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
· Build and sustain relationships
· Be passionate about client service
· Be curious; learn, share and innovate
· Lead and contribute to team success
· Communicate with impact and empathy
· Develop yourself and others through coaching
· Demonstrate courage and integrity
· Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
· Manage projects and economics
· Be open minded, agile with change and practical
· This role will include travel to client locations 60-70% of the time, candidates will need to be available to travel domestically and internationally as required
Why Work for PwC
As a PwC employee, you can:
· Be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring
· Participate in our world-class training programs
· Diversify your client experience by working directly with leading-edge public and private clients of all sizes and in a variety of industries
· Participate in our community, environmental and sustainability activities
· Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits, including our fitness allowance and wellness programs, which help you find better flexibility with work and other parts of your life
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage qualified candidates, including Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities, to apply.