SR&ED Technology Advisor (Mechanical)
PricewaterhouseCoopers is the world's pre-eminent provider of professional services. We command a leading presence in the marketplace and are privileged to work with a broad selection of top-tier clients. We our seeking an engineer or scientist to join our Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) practice.
Our SR&ED practice consists of a strong and dedicated group of tax services professionals with science, engineering and financial backgrounds. Due to continued growth of our business, we seek a talented technical specialist to join our team in the Greater Toronto Area team. The successful candidate will be based in our new Oakville office.
· You are a mechanical engineer with at least five years' experience in product development and related manufacturing process development. Experience with technologies that span other engineering disciplines, such as chemical, process or mining engineering, would be advantageous.
· You have an intellectual curiosity about technology in its many forms and a desire for continuous learning. You get energized talking to technical entrepreneurs and want to know 'what makes things tick'.
· Most importantly, you would be comfortable interviewing technical specialists to assess their development activities, and leveraging your own background, distinguish between work that is standard practice and the creation of new technological knowledge.
· You are both proficient at, and enjoy, writing technical reports. You are also disciplined in adhering to procedures, since the preparation of SR&ED claims includes reviewing and compiling documentation to substantiate the eligibility of projects for tax credits.
· Recent experience preparing SR&ED project descriptions is preferred.
· At PwC, SR&ED is a National practice; accordingly, occasional travel to other Canadian cities will be required.
People & Personal Development
· You work well in a collaborative team environment. On most client engagements, you will be teamed with other technical and financial specialists and will help them develop their talents.
· You want to expand your skills beyond technology; you will learn tax legislation, application policy, and case law as it pertains to SR&ED and disseminate this knowledge to our clients and your colleagues.
· You will be required to effectively prioritize and manage multiple, complex assignments and clients.
· You will proactively communicate progress on assignment to clients, partners and staff, identifying solutions to potential obstacles and managing client expectations.
· You understand and demonstrate the principle of recognizing and managing risk.
Client Relationship Management
· You have a proven client-service orientation and comfortable interacting at all levels of engineering and operations management.
· You are highly motivated to grow business. You look forward to developing your personal network with existing and prospective clients, and leverage relationship you build with partners and staff within the firm locally and across Canada.
· You will leverage your technical knowledge and communication skills to assist in the marketing of our services to existing and prospective clients.
· You will participate in the preparation of written proposals.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or science. Preference is for mechanical engineering, but we would be interested in meeting suitable candidates with degrees in chemical, materials or mining engineering.
PwC provides a supportive team environment, access to continuous learning, a competitive base salary and benefits package and the ability to participate in our incentive compensation plan all await the successful candidate. If you think you would excel as a SR&ED Technology Advisor, contact us to learn how PwC can make that happen.