2nd Class Power Engineer
David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a 2nd Class Power Engineer based just outside of Brandon.
Our client, is recognized for innovation, quality and efficiency. The shifts are 12 hour shifts, excellent benefits and pension being offered. Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the successful applicant will assume duties and responsibilities as provided under the Power Engineers Act. In addition, this person will participate in key factory activities.
- Operate boilers, refrigeration plant and ancillary equipment in a manner that contributes to the achievement of operational objectives.
- Responsible for the completion of all documentation and procedures for the area, including any and all established testing or monitoring requirements.
- Responsible for following all safety requirements as discussed during orientation.
- Maintaining a neat work area, performing daily housekeeping duties.
- Some maintenance work may be assigned.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of plant operating methods to help the site meet or exceed its Key Performance Indicators.
- All additional duties as they become assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must hold a valid 2nd, Class Engineer's Certificate.
- Consideration may be given to those more then halfway completed their 2nd class ticket.
- Must be willing to work rotating shift work in a plant environment.
- Must have a demonstrated record of safe work habits.
- Preference will be given to candidates with ammonia refrigeration system experience.
- Experience using computerized operational controls.
- Ability to work well with and provide support to plant supervision and production employees.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Leanne Bonnar, Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.Click Here to Apply