5 easy ways to get more job applications
With all the information we take in online, you want to make sure that your recruitment message is reaching the right people. What can you do to target the right audience?
There are easy steps you can take to make sure your Workopolis job posting receives as many applications as possible.
Here are five easy things you can do to make sure you get as many applications as possible:
1) Increase your visibility. This is the simplest way to increase the number of eyes on your job posting. Bolding or featuring a job instantly draws more attention to your posting. It’s a simple numbers game—the more job views that you get, the more applications you’ll likely receive.
2) Tailor your message. Research has shown that different positions respond better to certain kinds of messages, as discussed in this article. Consider the position and what would attract someone to that role. A part-time position is often interested in work environment and social fit. Specialized and highly-skilled roles have been found to be
3) Keep it easy for someone to apply. When somebody is browsing around for opportunities, you want to make sure it is as easy as possible for them to do so. Consider the method you’re using to ask candidates to apply: is it a simple process? Are you clear with your instructions? Choosing to have candidates apply via e-mail or through Workopolis lets them use Express Apply. This means they can apply directly from the page they are on, and simply upload their resume and cover letter with one simple click.
4) Rank highly on search results pages. People look for jobs in two ways—by browsing through categories, or searching by keywords. Search results are generated by finding those words in your job posting. This means you should keep your job title as clear as possible. No acronyms. No explanations within the title. The closer you match, the higher you’ll be on a list of results.
5) Make your website candidate friendly. The first place people look when considering an opportunity is a company website. What message is yours sending? Is there a dedicated recruitment section? What does your website say about your business? Some organizations split recruitment into several sections—for example, corporate, and in-store retail. Other organizations have a microsite dedicated to their recruitment initiative.
Make sure you’re using your Job Posting Performance Reports as well. These free reports give you the advantage of knowing all the metrics associated with your posting—how many views each posting has, how many applications you receive compared to how many views, and other helpful insights. This is a great place to start if you are not receiving as many applications as you expected.
Category: Help & FAQ's, Hiring Advice,