Workopolis and Yahoo! Canada Join Forces to Provide Superior Online Career Services
Deal strengthens Workopolis’ position as Canada’s # 1 online career site by partnering with Yahoo! -- the world’s most recognized internet brand
Toronto, January 22, 2007 – Workopolis, Canada’s premier online job search resource, is pleased to announce it has entered into an agreement with Yahoo! Canada to be the exclusive career-related content provider for Yahoo! Canada properties. Workopolis leads the category with over 60,000 job postings per day. Yahoo! Canada Co. is a leading Internet destination that provides online products and services to meet the needs of Canadians and offers a range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect with Internet users.
“This deal between Workopolis and Yahoo! Canada is a win-win for Workopolis and for Canadian job seekers," said Patrick Sullivan, President of Workopolis. "Employers looking to hire also benefit greatly, as this deal extends the Workopolis network and brand exposure to over ninety-five per cent of all online Canadians - no other hiring medium can match this level of candidate reach.”
Workopolis key facts
- According to the latest December 2006 comScore Media Metrix statistics:
- Workopolis is the number one online job search resource in Canada, with approximately 3 million unique visitors per month, nearly 25 per cent more than the next closest competitor
- Workopolis traffic is up by 39 per cent over the same period in 2005
- Workopolis is one of the top fifty most visited Web sites in Canada
- According to Wanted Technologies, Workopolis has over 60,000 job postings each day, more than twice the volume of the second paid online job site
- According to Northstar Research, Workopolis has the highest success rate among all paid online career sites, with 61 per cent of employers saying they have hired a candidate from Workopolis
“We already give our users a richer, more local and personalized experience online than any other Canadian portal, and this deal will further enhance our user’s experience by providing them with the resources of the leading Canadian job search site,” said Kerry Munro, General Manager, Yahoo! Canada. “Yahoo! Canada reaches over seventy-one per cent of the Canadian online population each month and now they will be able to enjoy the benefits of our association with the country’s most valuable resource for job seekers,” he said.
Workopolis is Canada's largest and most popular Internet recruiting and job search solutions provider with 3 million unique visitors monthly in Canada and twice as many job postings as the nearest competitor.
Workopolis provides a fully bilingual suite of award-winning applications, products and services to both large and small Canadian companies:
- workopolis.com™, Canada's biggest job site—with the most jobs, visitors and employers of any Canadian job site
- workopolisCampus.com, Canada's biggest job site for students and recent graduates
- CorporateWorks™, Canada's most implemented recruitment management solution using the tools that power workopolis.com to power corporate career sites
Workopolis is a partnership of Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. and Gesca Ltd., the newspaper publishing subsidiary of Power Corporation of Canada. Workopolis has offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Guelph, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax.
Workopolis is the exclusive Official Supplier of Online Recruitment Services for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
About Yahoo! Canada
Yahoo! Canada Co. is a leading Internet destination that provides online products and services to meet the needs of Canadians and offers a range of tools and marketing solutions for businesses to connect with Internet users. Yahoo! Canada services Canadians in both English and in French through its sites, www.yahoo.ca and francais.yahoo.ca. Yahoo! Canada is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
For Yahoo! Canada: