Last Updated: 11 April 2018
Protection of Personal Information
- Applicable data protection laws governs any collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- These set out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations.
- The type of personal information that is protected includes almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, sex, marital status and nationality. Personal information may not, however, include certain types of business or employment related information.
- Certain fundamental principles and protections apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- WP does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
What Information We Collect
- WP may request certain information from you if you elect to register as a user of this site ('Registration Information'), which may include your full name and email address.
- You can visit this site without telling us who you are and without providing WP with any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information ('Anonymous Information') may be collected automatically as you navigate through the site or use our services, including usage details, sites visited prior to visiting our site, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. Please note that portions of this site will not function if you do not accept cookies.
How We Use Information
- Registration Information may be collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site.
- User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to update you on the site, and to email you regarding new site developments and information about our services or those of our affiliates, to answer your questions, and to provide you with our services that you have requested.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to permit WP or its business partners to contact you in a more specific and focused manner depending on the content of your User Information, or to provide advertisers and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our customers and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
- If you are a registered user of this site and have provided WP with Registration Information, we may use your Registration Information and User Information to provide tailored job opportunities or other information to you.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. WP may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site and some of our services easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to share information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form with our advertisers and business partners.
- If cookies are enabled for your internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page.
- When information is collected from you by WP as a part of an online or email survey, unless you request to receive the results of the survey, no personally identifiable information is requested during such surveys and all collected information is used on an aggregated basis only.
Communication With Us
- If you contact WP, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information
Retention of Information
- We maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
- As a part of the WP record retention practices and policies, you may request deletion of your personal information by contacting us by using this Contact Form; we will erase all of your personal information upon request, including your Registration Information and account. If personal information is ever to be used to make a decision it will be retained long enough to allow you access to the information after the decision has been made.
Disclosure of Information
- WP will not sell, trade, rent or license any personal information that you provide to us.
- WP uses domestic and foreign third party service providers to host and process certain data. Third party service providers are required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to ours.
Access, Accuracy and the Updating of Personal Information
- WP will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information, if provided, is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you.
- You may similarly contact us to address errors or omissions relating to your personal information by using this Contact Form.
- Upon request made in writing, WP will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, at minimal or no cost to you, in accordance with processes and procedures that we have put in place for such requests. If you are unsure whether we have a record containing your personal information and would like to confirm what personal information we have, please send your request by using this Contact Form, identifying all email addresses which you may have given to WP. If there is a cost involved at all, we will inform you at that time.
- WP will respond to all requests for access within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- In some circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to all of the personal information that we hold about you. WP may not provide access to information if doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, could be expected to threaten the life or security of an individual, reveal confidential commercial information, if the information is protected by a legally recognized privilege, if it was created as part of a settlement or dispute resolution process, or if it was collected in relation to the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law. WP will provide the reasons to you if it refuses an access request.
- An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Where WP considers it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that we collect, use or disclose, WP uses encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Our practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
- It is important that you keep your user ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on the Site.
Site of Affiliates and Partners
- WP has reputable affiliates and partners that may offer our customers a variety of services. Many of these services also require registration to make them function properly. You can recognize most of these sites if you see both organizations’ names on the webpage. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our third party business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than WP. We encourage you to review our business partners’ privacy policies further to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information.
- The Workopolis Site may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that we are not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other sites.
- WP will make information about its policies and practices relating to management of personal information readily available. Please direct any questions about our privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to our records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints by using this Contact Form. All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.
- You can contact us by using this Contact Form, or by postal mail to: WP Online Holdings Limited Privacy Officer, 124 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland.