The Perfect Guest Experience is more than a warm smile and welcoming atmosphere. Our people are what bring a dining experience to life for our Guests. The creation of our menu items, a welcoming greeting, and service that makes a genuine connection is what has a Milestones’ Guest looking forward to their next visit. This is your opportunity to be a part of it.
Milestones is a category leader in casual upscale dining. This full service restaurant and bar provides an upscale, cool and casual atmosphere. We are a favourite social destination with city residents, suburban neighbourhoods and tourists alike. We employ over 5000 people, strategically selected for their confidence, personable nature, upbeat attitude and energy. We build teams made up of individuals that have pride, and take pride in the company they work for, and the people they work with. Why not join our team and become a Chef with us today at one of our downtown Vancouver locations
Overview of the role: As a Milestones Chef you will own the culinary program in your location. You drive food quality, run a profitable business, maintain a clean, physical plant, inspire and maintain high team morale and a standard of 100% Guest satisfaction.
You are responsible for building your team, coaching for success, and developing your line cooks into future leaders. You are fully accountable for all systems, people and standards within the restaurant.
You also consider yourself a "Foodie" - proud to execute existing items, and passionate about bringing new and inspired food created by the Milestones culinary team.
- Ensure compliance of all standards and procedures relating to HACCP and provincial workplace safety standards.
- Meet or exceed Milestones established food quality and plating specifications.
- Work with fellow brand Chefs on menu development and improving execution of systems and standards.
- Leading a workforce of over 20 teammates, including recruitment, training and development, succession planning and performance evaluations.
- Co-ordination of labour cost controls and monitoring of cost budgets.
- Food cost controls and monitoring of food costs relative to budgets.
- Purchasing and inventory controls.
- Co-ordination of catering activities for events and special functions as required.
- Support divisional business and objectives
Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
- Planning and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast- paced environment
- Self-motivated, team leader with organizational skills
- Good comprehension of the English language, both written and verbal
- Diploma in Culinary Management and /or Chef accreditation
- Minimum of 3-5 years of operational experience in a high volume kitchen
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and food safety standards
- Ability to work in an environment that encourages and fosters teamwork, participation, creativity, openness, honesty, mutual respect, and lots of fun
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply today!
As part of our accessibility commitment, there are alternative ways to interview with us. Please inform us if you require interview accommodation.
Please note that any offer of employment may be subject to reference checks and background checks, including a criminal record check as part of the selection process
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Cara team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At this time we do not require assistance from recruitment agencies.