We are currently seeking bilingual speakers for the following languages.
Languages are; Afrikaans, Akan, Fulani, Igbo, Lingala, Mandinka, Masalit, Oromo, Pulaar, Rundi
As an interpreter, you will be responsible for accurately interpreting meaning-for-meaning between the target language(s) and English. If you have a strong language background, and can understand the meaning expressed during the conversations, you can make a difference in people’s lives! Interpreting sessions will be in the medical, insurance, finance, customer services or utilities sectors.
- Fluent in the target language(s) and English to render accurate interpretation sessions, following tone and style from one language into another using correct grammar and syntax in both languages.
- Must provide excellent customer service and communication skills during each session using clear enunciation, pronunciation, with a pleasant and professional voice.
- Ability to remain calm during sessions even in stressful situations.
- Native fluency in the target language(s) and English.
- Proficiency in cultural implications and idiomatic expressions.
- Excellent listening skills to retain accuracy of the spoken concepts
- Ability to concentrate and remain neutral and objective at all times.
- Education in languages/translation/interpretation in related fields preferred, but not required.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Essential to have a quiet environment available to work from the comfort of your home office.
- The interpreter must have a dedicated landline or VOIP phone and the ability to install a high-speed internet connection of no less than 5Mb for downloads and 1 Mb for uploads.
** If you speak other languages, you are welcome to visit our career site to view current openings in Canada.