CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Full responsibility and accountability for managing single plant operations. Consult with third party providers and CHEP SC’s on all pertinent operational issues critical to running daily operations including: quality of product, receiving, inspecting, repairing inventory, shipping, and operational cost accountability. Report out performance in relation to all areas of the operation, highlighting risk and opportunities therein.
• Full ownership for plant operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within Service Center.
• Drive process improvement across all aspects of the Service Center
• Drive daily cross-functional communications across the Supply Chain work partners driving tactical efficiencies.
• Ensures proper receiving and shipping of CHEP equipment.
• Develop and foster a partnership with the Third Party managing the facility to drive compliance to CHEP standards and SOP’s.
• Manage Operations contract compliance for third-party providers.
• Cooperatively identify and drive initiatives within Service Center.
• Ensures customer-centric focus in day to day operations to include but not limited to quality and on-time performance.
• Ability to represent CHEP appropriately with the customer via multiple modes of communication.
• Ensures successful implementation and continuation of Quality Process Control Plan.
• Monitor and drive quality through sort and repair processes per SPC guidelines.
• Monitor and drive excellence in Safety and Sanitation.
• Drive compliance with all CHEP SOPs within Service Center:
• Responsible for facility safety and loss control guidelines.
• Ensures lumber and repair materials meet CHEP specifications.
• Ensures repair materials are used in accordance to CHEP guidelines.
• Manage inventory reporting and physical audit processes and ensure proper S&R usage.
• Track Service Center expenditures through purchase orders, accruals and payment (ensure proper / timely cost recognition).
• Zero Harm requirements
• Manage Plants to an AQL. (Acceptable Quality Level)
• Manage Plants to meet specific repair and sort allocations.
• Create and implement Cost Savings initiatives at Plants.
• Customer service satisfaction to meet required Brambles levels.
• 35% day travel required. Flexibility required on overnight travel - Must have valid Drivers Liscence
• Ability to work independently
• Diversity to function successfully in warehouse and corporate environments
• Flexibility required to address the unexpected (i.e. travel to customer, assist colleagues)
• Flexibility required to compensate for Company growth
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Operations or equivalent significant related experience.
Must have a valid drivers license and a car (we reimburse mileage)
• 3-5 yrs operations experience
• Strong influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships across all functions
• Knowledge of and ability to execute within a LEAN Sigma environment
• Self-starter: Ability to work independently in a remote location
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to quickly develop and execute a plan amongst ever changing priorities
• Ability to “think on your feet”
• Knowledge of Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point or comparable programs
Skills and Knowledge
• Computer System/Skill Requirements - Microsoft office programs including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point or comparable programs.
• Strong computer literacy
• Ability to acquire working knowledge of CHEP specific systems
• Languages Required: English
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE