CI Investments Inc. is one of the country's largest investment fund companies, managing over $80.5 billion on behalf of two million Canadian investors. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian investors. It provides employees with a fast-paced and challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement. CI is part of CI Financial, a diverse group of financial services firms.
With over $50 billion in assets as of December 30, 2016, Signature Global Asset Management (part of CI Investments) is one of the largest independent asset managers in Canada. It invests retail mutual fund and institutional investors' capital across multi-asset mandates globally.
POSITION: Manager, Office & Portfolio Administration
LOCATION: Toronto (M5C 3G7)
We are currently seeking a Manager, Office & Portfolio Administration to join our Signature Advisors team. In this role, the successful candidate will have 5-10 years' experience supporting senior level executives in the capital markets industry and thrives in a fast paced ever changing environment. Broad understanding of the mutual fund business would be an asset. This person will have experience in handling confidential material including compensation and must have the confidence to manage up and manage down.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support CIO and Head of Equity:
- Proactively create and maintain effective workflow and communications
- Manage the daily schedule of the CIO and head of equity, rationalize and prioritize competing demands from various sources from within and outside the organization
- Communicate in person through correspondences with high level contacts inside and outside the organization such as vendors and senior leadership
- Anticipate the needs of a large asset management team internally and with other departments in the firm
- Innovate with technology effective ways to promote effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure professional representation of Signature global asset management
- Use technology to archive and maintain and support investment professionals on administering investment rationales and ESG
- Schedule and follow-up on action items with other team members
- Interface with Compliance/Human resources/ Operations/Legal/Sales & Marketing:
- Liaise with sales & marketing team as needed
- Liaise with Human resources on all compensation, training and registration needs
- Support compliance to ensure appropriate OSC registration
- Coordinate and support Hong Kong office with internal departments ensuring all needs are met
- Experience with hiring summer staff and interns
- General Administration:
- Manage junior administrative assistants and reception
- Manage expenses and travel calendars build analytic reports to provide to head of equity and CIO
- Manage all internal corporate events including budget
- Coordinate meeting agendas and materials
- Deal with issues and tasks on behalf of portfolio management as directed, often in high pressure situations
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree in a related field; CSC would be ideal
- 5 - 10 years' experience supporting senior level executives in the capital markets industry
- Keen aptitude of capital markets with a good understanding of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
- Advance writing and scheduling skills
- Technically proficient (experience with Microsoft Office suite specifically Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be driven to achieve results
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Opportunities to develop and grow within the company
- Health and Wellness programs including discounted corporate fitness membership and nutritional seminars
- Modern, conveniently-located facilities
- Community involvement including OneWalk to Conquer Cancer, Bay Street Hoops and more.
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking "Apply".
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates ("CI") are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-364-1145 ext. 4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.