Team Lead, Propulsion Systems
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent, full-time role (one opening) based in Halifax NS.
The Team Lead, Propulsion Systems will report to the Engineering Manager, CSC and will be responsible for:
- Design subcontractor management in the area of propulsion systems
- Participate in platform design Integrated Project Teams
- Manage subcontractor development of design deliverables and purchase specifications
- Lead review of propulsion systems content in technical design reviews
- Requirements and change management for propulsion and related marine systems
- Major equipment negotiation with vendors
- Client liaison and relations
- Team management responsibilities will depend on candidate experience and capabilities
Successful Candidate will possess the following Qualifications:
- Recognized Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field (Aerospace, Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture)
- 5-10 years of experience with naval ship propulsion systems
- Experience in all aspects of marine propulsion systems, including marine gas turbines, marine diesel engines, propulsion gearboxes, clutches, couplings, shafting and bearings, propellers, intakes and uptakes, propulsion prime mover support systems, etc.
- Electrical propulsion engineering experience a significant advantage, including electrical generators, HV distribution, large scale power electronics, electric propulsion motors
- Experience working on naval new building and/or refit projects
- Experience working with classification society rules
- Experience with ship steering systems an advantage
- Experience managing technical teams an advantage
- Strong communication and personal time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
For additional information please contact: Emily Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.