TEAM LEAD, UNDER WATER WARFARE
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Team Lead, Under Water Warfare.
This is a permanent full-time role (one opening) based in Halifax, NS.
- Evaluate requirements and performance capabilities of UWW Systems
- Manage integration of the integrated SONAR system into the ship
- Manage integration of integrated SONAR system into the Combat Management System
- Perform compatibility analysis of the SONAR elements and Combat Management System
- Lead the UWW engineering team
- Participate in the Combat Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Co-Chair the UWW IPT with the Combat Systems Integrator
- Relevant post-secondary science, technology, engineering or math education
- 7 to 10 years of experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment
- 7 to 10 years working in a similar role as IPT lead or subcontract manager
- Experience integrating UWW sensors with platform and Combat Management System
- Experience with Naval systems integration and testing
- Experience working with military standards and specifications
Preferred Applicant Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary engineering degree
- Experience working on major Defence contracts
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry (naval preferred)
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here: https://www.jdirving.com/ProductPage.aspx?id=312
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.