Location: St. Lambert THE LOCATION OF THIS POSITION CAN BE EITHER ST-LAMBERT (QC) OR CORNWALL (ON)
Province: Quebec (CA-QC)
Assignment : Permanent
# of openings : 1.00
The Network Specialist provides corporate guidance for all computer networking equipment to ensure they are designed, operated and maintained in order to provide secure and efficient service for voice, video and data transmission. The incumbent also owns, designs, maintains, monitors & supports the Corporation's core networks, network security and perimeter security equipment & services.
- Lead the development and delivery of computer networking and network security systems, in collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Own, design, maintain & support core routers, firewalls, perimeter security appliances and network monitoring systems.
- Coach and support various stakeholders as well as personnel responsible to maintain other networking or network security equipment.
- Manage core networking equipment and network security equipment as well as financial and material resources.
- Manage maintenance service contracts and software support contracts.
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Using Computers and Technology
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Testing and Troubleshooting
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Corporate Network Architecture
- Writing texts and documents
- Client Relationships
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in defining, designing, deploying and supporting network systems for voice, video and data in an office or industrial environment.
- Proven track record in applying computer and network security concepts and systems.
- Sound technical knowledge in networking systems; LAN/MAN/WAN, switches and routing protocols, firewalls, VPN, wireless networks, security appliances and network access security.
- Knowledge of Threat and Risk analysis process and up to date knowledge of the major threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge and experience of financial and project management processes and techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other information technology related discipline
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or other Cisco Professional or Expert certifications.
PROJECTED START DATE: ASAP
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 per week
Pay Grade : Salaried 40
Range (Min) : CAN50.47/hour
Range (Max): CAN56.08/hour
The St. Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation endorses the principles of Employment Equity.