Location:1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
As a Learning & Development business partner, this position is responsible for building learning solutions that add value to the business. This is a pivotal individual contributor position in the Learning organization responsible for all phases of the curriculum development cycle including needs analysis, design, build, delivery support and evaluation. This position also ensures that training is readily available and accessible to end users and monitored to ensure effectiveness, currency and customization to meet specific customer needs. This position will ensure the use of best-practice instructional design techniques, adult learning principles and the delivery of programs that engage and motivate learners and produce the desired outcomes.
- Build and foster relationships with the business (HRBPs, support groups, business leads and COEs)
- Collaborate with HRBPs, business leads and experts to identify and implement learning solutions that address knowledge and skill gaps
- Develop and present learning solution recommendations based on best practices to client group and other key stakeholders (OCM, BPE, HRBP) gaining consensus and buy-in
- Perform needs analysis to determine full scope of training required
- Design solutions that leverage the appropriate modes of delivery based on geography, content and logistical constraints
- Develop training collateral to standard using the appropriate templates and version/document control management guidelines (course outlines, slides, participant/learning guides, job aids, quick reference guides, eLearning, video)
- Ensure training collateral remains current
- Work with external training providers (when necessary) to ensure training solutions are consistent with Loblaw standards and meet the needs of the learner
- Enable the delivery of training by developing instructors/facilitators through train-the-trainer workshops, and by providing coaching/feedback as necessary
- Participate in pilot sessions to determine the efficacy of solution, learner engagement and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor training through various evaluative methods (completion reports, L1 evaluations, participant stats) to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide ad hoc reports on training progress and monitor and report effectiveness of all training conducted
- Follow established processes and complete all appropriate forms associated with learning asset lifecycle management (upload, maintenance and decommission)
- Support the tasks associated with the delivery of classroom training (scheduling, materials preparation, environment maintenance and facilitator prep)
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to manager and project teams on status of projects weekly and on a period basis.
. Post secondary education with specialization in training, performance instruction, adult education or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience designing and creating learning based training curriculum/materials for adult learners
- Ability to adapt positively to a changing environment and shifting priorities
- Self-disciplined to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence/ integrate disparate groups toward a common goal
- Strong facilitation, organizational and project management skills
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Familiar with Learning Management Systems a plus
- Ability to communicate/negotiate with all colleagues up, down and across the organization
How You'll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.