The Manitoba Real Estate Association (MREA) is seeking a seasoned and skilled communications professional with an astute strategic mind, outstanding communication skills, and a demonstrated track record of building trusted relationships.
Driving communications initiatives from concept to creation to assessment, the Director of Communications is vital to MREA’s mission of empowering real estate professional excellence through education, professional standards, advocacy and related services for its over 2,100 REALTOR® members and the public they serve.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Communications will:
- develop, maintain and execute an organization-wide communications plan with accompanying strategies that advance the priorities of MREA and its affiliated organizations and events;
lead media relations, including research, drafting and distribution of press releases, key messages, and related briefing documents; pitch stories; manage responses to media requests; monitor emerging issues and trends related to real estate; and, maintain metrics on reach for MREA’s media relations efforts;
- develop and execute a social media strategy leveraging MREA’s social media channels;
- lead member-focused communications efforts, including monthly member e-newsletter, annual organization report, and other communications that drive member engagement and demonstrate member value;
- prepare scripts, speeches, presentations and talking points for, and in collaboration with, the leadership team and committees;
- research, develop and write consumer-facing publications;
- lead MREA’s member survey initiative with outputs that provide qualitative and quantitative data to inform MREA’s strategic planning, and other key initiatives;
- work with internal volunteer member committees to deliver the communications strategy;
- manage an annual communications budget;
- curate and manage media contacts lists to ensure they are accurate and current;
- manage external suppliers and consultants
Working closely with the Director of Public Policy, the Director of Communications will also play a vital role in MREA’s annual advocacy symposium.
The ideal candidate will have:
- five to seven years' experience in strategic communications planning, project management and execution of communications projects and media relations;
- a post-secondary degree or diploma in communications or journalism;
- an innate ability to communicate complex issues simply both verbally and in writing, and ability to tailor messaging to a variety of audiences;
- an ability to write succinctly, and consistently, in both corporate and editorial styles;
- experience in desktop publishing using Photoshop and InDesign, experience with WordPress, web design, and video production;
- ability to multi-task numerous projects and initiatives;
- a strong attention to detail;
- sound judgement and discretion;
- highly collaborative approach with staff, volunteers, members and other stakeholders; and,
- a demonstrated track record of building strategic relationships
Experience working with an industry association is an asset.
MREA offers an outstanding work environment.