Our client, a leading luxury hotel with locations around the globe, has an immediate need for a Director, Sales & Marketing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. In this role, your leadership and vision will foster an engaged team in support of maximized market share, operating results and guest satisfaction.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and administers the hotel’s sales & marketing plan and related budget.
- Leads and develops the sales team to achieve their highest potential
- Directs and manages all sales training, yearly sales targets, sales quotas, the incentive plan and all other corporate and hotel learning.
- Maintains a direct market responsibility.
- Remains informed of the competition’s sales and marketing strategies.
- Evaluates and recommends opportunities for developing new sources of business.
- Ensures delivery of guest service through the operations group to exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with corporate sales and marketing management teams.
- Maintains regular and effective communication with other local hotels while working with the Regional DOS&M on synergistic opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior sales management capacity within the hospitality industry or related tourism field.
- Revenue management experience essential.
- Excellent communications skills - interpersonal, written and public/media relations.
- A proven record of results-oriented leadership and team development.
Interested applicants should direct all inquiries and resumes to Matt Erhard, Summit Search Group at email@example.com or (204) 957-5500.