This position is responsible for ensuring that dedicated fleet and carrier are properly assigned, routed and tracked. Monitor, adjust and achieve the daily/shift delivery schedule and accountable for overall transportation productivity for assigned lanes/fleet. Identifies resolves and communicates the resolution of inbound and outbound transportation operational issues within a given shift/day.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
Work with and direct the shift Customer Service Representatives, DC Assistant Manager, Asset Protection, Carrier Dispatchers/CSR and clerks to achieve and account for the shift plan for transportation.
- Ensure that the load documents are correct prior to departure and with the driver.
- Record all in and out times of vehicles/drivers and record availability status of vehicles.
- Prioritize, expedite and approved rush merchandise.
- Track and trace shift activity and on-time pickups and deliveries
- Review and approve fleet and carrier invoicing and expenses
- Executes policy and process regarding productivity, safety and service level
- Accountable for the accuracy of daily volume and productivity recap
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets Expectations and Consistently Demonstrates)
- Previous work in transportation office as dispatcher or asst. dispatcher
- Previous work in retail environment in logistics, store fulfillment or supply chain associate
- Be able to work shift schedule which may include weekends, evenings, holidays, and overtime on occasion.
- Successfully complete any required training or orientation programs
- Take-charge nature, prioritization skills and decisiveness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fair PC skills including Microsoft outlook, excel and word
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of Canadian transportation regulations and licensing (Federal and Provincial)
- High School Graduate (post secondary preferred)
- CITT preferred
- 3 Years of relevant work experience