Distributel is a national telecommunications provider offering residential high-speed Internet, Television, Home Phone and Long Distance services at competitive prices in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. Our business services brand, ThinkTel, offers complete IP-based phone, video-conferencing and data communications solutions. One hundred per cent Canadian owned, Distributel has grown to become Canada’s leading independent Internet Services Provider. In operation since 1988, Distributel has a long history of being a pioneer of both the competitive Long Distance and Internet industries in Canada. We currently service more than 1,000 cities in Canada. For more information, please visit www.distributel.ca
IS Developer/Analyst has responsibility for leading the development process for internal corporate applications. They will work as a part of highly skilled team with specialists in different fields.
The applicant must maintain a high level of understanding of user needs to effectively communicate design choices and specifications to ensure desired results. They will be acting in the roll of team lead on various projects. The applicant requires a firm knowledge of software development, team coordination, systems documentation and deployment.
• Analyse project and design documentation to formulate application design solution.
• Design, develop and document appropriate database elements
• Code and document application solutions
• Perform unit and integration testing.
• Advises on technical problems; reviews work for technical accuracy, and adequacy.
• Provide technical and analysis guidance to other team members
• Engage change management best practices for deployment of new software systems and components. Create maintenance procedures for system patches, support solutions, bug fixes, and feature enhancements of existing and new information systems.
• Provide guidance to assigned technical and engineering resources, including 3rd party contractors, to establish and implement quality, schedule and cost objectives.
• Uses diplomacy and persuasion to motivate team efforts towards projects, deadlines and meeting departmental objectives.
• Communicate effectively with managers, users and team members across functional departments. Ensuring that priorities, deliverables and problems are clearly identified. This requires all relevant parties are informed of any changes to project timelines.
• On call availability
• Office environment
• Work from home occasionally
• Working under pressure, tight deadlines
Skills and Aptitudes:
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results driven
• Personable, confident and professional, must be able to lead by example
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
• Knowledge of industry trends, programming techniques, best practices, and technologies
• Analytical and detail-oriented person
• Strong problem solving skills
Computer Skills and Software Used:
• Strong knowledge/experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C#, C++, Java, Delphi
• Strong understanding of the configuration and use of web application environments (LAMP/IIS platforms)
• Understanding of Web Development including targeting multiple browser platforms; ASP; .NET and MVC knowledge helpful.
• Versatility in multiple OS environments (Windows/Linux/iOS/Android/OSX) including a firm understanding of the tools available on those environments in regards to cross platform communication/development.
• Ability to use basic office software such as word processors; spreadsheets; email applications and diagramming tools in order to communicate and generate reports.
• A good understanding of SQL with experience with one or more of the following database engines: Oracle, Firebird, MS SQL Server, PostgressSQL, MySQL
• Understanding of modern RAD environments and working with version control such as GIT