Welcome to Sears, one of Canada's most trusted brand names.
This part-time position is at the Burlington Home Store located on Plains Road. Interested candidates please submit your resume directly to Charlotte.Washington@sears.ca
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada's largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
Receive, ship, and prepare store/customer merchandise and provide a broad variety of basic clerical support duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the assigned department. Perform activities in accordance with established procedures and instructions.
- Provide shipping and receiving services, including offloading of trucks and movement to/from stockroom, sales floor, delivery sites, customers, warehouse, sources, etc., are completed in accordance with defined procedures. Maintain dock and receiving area to standards. Heavy lifting will be required (appliances, mattresses, etc)
- Prepare new receipts to ensure merchandise is "floor ready", i.e. defrocking, hanging, unpacking, etc. and delivered to sales floor or designated area. Work in collaboration with merchandise presentation team.
- Assemble merchandise and/or equipment, fixtures, etc., and place in appropriate location in store as required.
- Provide friendly, courteous customer service at dock pick up and catalogue desk, responding to inquiries, etc
- Perform minor interior and exterior maintenance services, including maintaining a clean work area, changing light bulbs, painting, snow removal, etc.
- Input and/or retrieve data for designated records, files, etc., usually via computerized systems. Maintain complete and accurate information in database(s).
- Perform simple calculations, and complete job-related forms (hand written and electronic). Tabulate and compile data in a standard format for analysis by others. This may include setting up basic spreadsheets/charts.
- Communicate with other Sears departments, and contact outside sources in some cases to exchange information. This includes responding to queries and requests for information, distributing information packages and materials, etc.
- Participate with senior office administrative staff as required in performing related activities, eg. compiling standard reports, performing parts of complex assignments such as basic analysis, complex calculations, etc.
- Perform general office duties which may include filing office documents and maintaining filing systems, answering switchboard and office phones, responding to routine and sometimes complex inquiries, operating duplicating machine, stuffing envelopes, faxing documents.
- ordering office supplies, etc.
- Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- Computer skills, including ability to operate job-related Sears/PC systems, data entry and retrieval, word
- processing, basic spreadsheet applications, etc
- A minimum of 6 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Good oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible. Sears is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.