Welcome to Sears, one of Canada's most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada's largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Role
Ensure administration of all related human resources activities, programs and policies for assigned /unit(s), e.g. payroll admin, benefits, compensation, associate relations, etc. Supervise and ensure effective administration and delivery of the programs for leaders & associates in the unit(s).
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of Human Resources staff reporting, including scheduling staff, assigning/reviewing work, conducting performance assessments, responding to associate relations issues, etc.
- Lead the Administration of all Human Resources related programs and activities for the assigned/unit(s), including Payroll Administration, compensation and salary administration, associate benefits, pension program, workers' compensation, etc. Maintain all records for associates and related Human Resources files, e.g. personnel files, performance assessment records, changes to personal information, etc. to ensure they are accurate and complete in accordance with corporate policy.
- Provide advice/guidance and consult with management and associates regarding Human Resources programs, policies, and procedures, eg. responding to associate questions/queries, providing orientation to Sears programs, communicating changes to policies and procedures and/or communicating new policies and programs, etc. Consult with management on responding to performance improvement, disciplinary, and termination issues. Respond to personal associate queries, eg. leave of absence issues, long term disability, personal problems, referrals to the associate assistance program, etc. Consult with Human Resources Manager on related issues, and refer more complex issues as required.
- Coordinate and participate with management in the recruitment and selection process, including screening candidates, administering tests, participating in interview process, checking references, preparing/presenting offers of Employment, etc.
- Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Secondary school diploma
- One year program in Human Resources
- A minimum of 12 months of previous work experience
- Demonstrated organizational/planning skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices/theories (eg. benefits, compensation, recruitment, etc.)
- Computer knowledge, e.g. HRIS, spreadsheet, word-processing, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.