Welcome to Sears, one of Canada's most trusted brand names.
For the past 60 years, Sears has been a household name from coast to coast. How have we been able to build such a great reputation? Through our dedicated Associates, of course!
With thousands of roles across the country, Sears is one of Canada's largest employers. Whether you are just starting out or have an established track record, Sears can offer you an exciting opportunity to build and grow your career. Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engaging with our customers, and you will find a world of career possibilities within our organization.
Purpose of the Job
The Sales Manager will be responsible to lead the sales team in the achievement of the department(s) sales plan and operational deliverables by fostering an environment of positive associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers an unerring execution of all processes and standards.
- Ensure that the teams deliver the customer promise through selling interactions, merchandise replenishment and presentation standards.
- Provide leadership to sales team through clear communication of goals, providing on-going coaching/training by conducting timely, meaningful performance reviews.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new associates for designated areas and facilitate training as required.
- Drive exemplary execution of corporate initiatives and store standards to ensure resources are used effectively in all operational processes, including payroll, and in achieving merchandising standards within areas of responsibility.
- Lead the day-to-day activities and results in designated department(s), including staffing requirements, achievement of sales plans, promotional activities, credit acquisitions and presentation standards.
Desired Skills & Experiences
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 6 months to 1 year of experience working as an In-store Sales Associate.
- A record of achieved sales targets.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills and attitude
- Knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) terminals.
- Conflict resolution and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and visual presentation skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package including a flexible benefits program and a generous associate discount on most Sears merchandise and services. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities wherever possible.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.