Systems Analyst/Senior Systems Analyst
Wawanesa Insurance is a policyholder owned mutual insurance company that offers employees great stability and opportunity for growth.ÿ
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change.
Our Information Services team is delivering truly transformational change to both our business partners, and throughout our technology platforms. These initiatives have led to rapid growth and the need for new talent. If you're interested in joining a team of motivated and skilled IT professionals, who are equipped with, and are actively working with today's latest technology, consider this exciting Winnipeg-based opportunity!
Working alongside a team of analysts and developers, this job contributes to Wawanesa success by designing and supporting system solutions to meet business stakeholder requirements. As part of this transformational change, we are looking for experienced System Analysts to join several teams at Wawanesa:
- Insurance Suite (Maintenance & Support)
- Web Services
- Data Management
In your cover letter, please outline your experience in designing & supporting system solutions and experience in any of the areas listed above. Please note which opportunities are of interest to you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the analysis, design and documentation of system requirements for application enhancements and projects to deliver business requirements.
- Lead requirement sessions with business and system teams.
- Communicate system solutions in business and technical terms.
- Provide technical leadership for developers and Systems Analysts.
- Lead the resolution of system issues.
- Lead changes to process and procedure improvements.
- Follow established practices, processes and guidelines.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on current system standards and IS department established methodologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary degree/certificate or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing systems analysis or equivalent role is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in programming languages is considered an asset.
- Experience in any of the following is considered an asset: Guidewire InsuranceSuite, Java, Cognos, SQL, IBM FileNet, Datacap, xPression, and dotCMS.
- Experience with task and project assignment tools including Sharepoint, Confluence and JIRA, and tools such as Microsoft Visio and Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge and experience in insurance industry is considered an
- Effective analysis and problem solving skills for collecting data to analyze options.
- Effective attention to detail skills to produce deliverables that consider the areas involved.
- Effective communication skills to share information with others.
- Effective planning and organizing skills to develop plans and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company's goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.ÿ Apply today to join our team!ÿ
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa,please submit your r,sum, and cover letter at www.wawanesa.com by Monday, July 3rd, 2017.