12 Month Term Position
Location: Winnipeg, MB
“Times like these call for a PERFECT FIT”
Wynward Insurance Group is a progressive company known for developing innovative insurance products and services for Canadian business and our broker partners from coast to coast.
Founded in 1920, we are proud to be a subsidiary of James Richardson & Sons Ltd and 100% Canadian owned, conducting business in all 10 provinces and 3 territories. Our Head Office is located in Winnipeg MB, with additional offices in Halifax NS, London ON, and Regina SK.
Wynward Insurance Group has been recognized for three years in a row as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, the only Insurance Company in Canada to be awarded this distinction, as well as one of the Top 25 Employers in Manitoba for 2016.
- Hard Work
- Respect for Others
Times like these call for a PERFECT FIT in your career. Do you share the same values? Do you want to be part of a company that is facing forward, looking to the future with ambition and anticipation?
We are looking for a bright, energetic person to manage our reception desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources & Corporate Communications, the Administrative Assistant - 12 Month Term will be responsible for being the “manager of first impressions” for our guests while conducting numerous admin duties.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable
- Provide accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Work closely with HR, Finance, Claims and Operations to assist in running reports and providing support on various projects
- Backup filing and mailroom duties
- Proven work experience as an Admin Assistant, Receptionist or similar role
- Passionate about Customer Service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must have high attention to detail & able to perform work accurately
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other team members
- Completion of Grade 12 education; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
We pride ourselves in working collaboratively with our team members in creating a workplace rooted in the principles of integrity, passion and hard work. Our team members describe Wynward as re-freshing, progressive, and innovative with an engaging team-first environment.
Wynward Insurance Group offers a competitive salary, an exceptional benefits package including health and dental benefits, an educational reimbursement plan and a competitive pension plan. We support and reward high performance with a competitive bonus policy. To promote a positive work / life balance we offer flex time. To encourage you to maximize your potential we provide continuing training and education opportunities.
To learn more about our award winning organization, please visit www.wynward.com